Well the battery life on this phone, is terrible.

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah, 20-30... depending on usage. on my light days, my display is rarely above 20%. but even when i play emulators for 2hrs on end, my display rarely gets past 30%.
Well why the hell is it 50% then? I mean its already at 90%, and all I have done is sent maybe 30 texts. Thats it, been about an hour and a half since unplugged.
but what is your battery percentage at?

mav7

Reaction score
My phone has been mostly in standby since 7AM. I made a quick 5 minute call, and sent maybe 20 text messages. At 12PM the battery bar dropped to 80% from 100%.

This thing sucks battery power.... Another weird thing I noticed is last night I had maybe 40% of battery left. Well I shut the phone off and turned it back on, and the battery % went from 40% to 80%.

Silver Member
Reaction score
20 text messages and a phone call in 5 hrs and you're complaining about 20% loss? the 80% isn't an exact number and you've probably managed to have your screen on for an amount of time that wasnt' considered keeping your phone in sleep mode for that entire time.

you guys need to check your status and battery usage.

Silver Member
Reaction score
my phone has been off the charger for over 7 hrs and my battery just dropped to 70% (it was 80% before I got the screenshot). this tells me that at the current rate i'm using the phone, I should be able to easily get another 20hrs of usage.

FriFeb05134043AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

FriFeb05134221AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

20+ hrs is pretty good for a data intensive smartphone imo.

Last edited:

mav7

Reaction score
20 text messages and a phone call in 5 hrs and you're complaining about 20% loss? the 80% isn't an exact number and you've probably managed to have your screen on for an amount of time that wasnt' considered keeping your phone in sleep mode for that entire time.

you guys need to check your status and battery usage.

Display: 20%
Voice Calls: 17%
Android System: 13%
Phone idle: 11%
Android OS: 10%
Cell Standby: 10%
Gallery: 7%
Android.process.acore 4%
home 3%
dialer 3%
Google 2%

Battery level 70%
Phone unplugged at 7AM, so uptime of 7 hours so far.
~20 text messages, and a total of 13min of phone conversation.

So it looks like voice calls accounted for 5.1% of battery loss, so that's about 4.3hours of talk time if you do the math.

I rooted and have setcpu to lower to 125mhz when phone is sleeping, thought I would squeeze out some better battery life. At this rate 30%/7 hours that's about 24 hours of life to send 67 text messages and talk on the phone for almost an hour.

Silver Member
Reaction score
do you have setcpu to run ondemand or for performance? you want your phone to use as little cpu as possible. your android system and OS values are higher than mine so you must be asking more of your phone, which is why your battery seems to move faster.

talk time for this phone is about 385 minutes (6.5 hrs), which i would suspect to mean that from off the charger until the phone dies. so for each hour of phone use, you're dropping your battery by almost 15%. add in display usage and data streaming and you can see why your battery might seem to dwindle.

mav7

Reaction score
do you have setcpu to run ondemand or for performance? you want your phone to use as little cpu as possible. your android system and OS values are higher than mine so you must be asking more of your phone, which is why your battery seems to move faster.

talk time for this phone is about 385 minutes (6.5 hrs), which i would suspect to mean that from off the charger until the phone dies. so for each hour of phone use, you're dropping your battery by almost 15%. add in display usage and data streaming and you can see why your battery might seem to dwindle.

Yes, setcpu is in "ondemand" mode. I use automatic task killer - not sure why my system is using more resources than normal?

Edit: Noticed there were more apps running in the background, like maps, gallery, etc that shouldn't have been running. I closed them.

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
try dumping ATK. see if that improves things. ATK requires additional resources, all of the time. that's why your CPU utilization is up.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
My battery life is what I think GREAT. Stock phone, factory wall paper, at least two hour a day talking on it, min of 1 hour on the web. I get around 40 hours from a full charge.
Can I have you battery??? lol. If I turn off everything, running app, no sync, no gps, no refesh, no texting, no calls, and no web, Just let the phone idle I would not get 40 hours...

I too had issues with battery, and battery use kept telling me display was number one but i have display on 0% always. Then I realized it was meebo IM that was killing my battery. If I charge my phone overnight I can easily get 40 hours and thats with a lot of use, including web, text, calls and apps. I don't know how accurate the battery use thing is, it could be some app you have that's always running that's killing your battery.

moot

Reaction score
Charged to full night before, 20 hours later, at 50% with no use.

Most of my battery (30+) was used in idle.

rmart88

Reaction score
20+ hours...

so I use my DROID a lot. send about 75-100 texts a day, talk on the phone for a about 2 hours, always surfin the web, making notes, etc... i have all three of my screens completely full of widgets. I unplugged my phone at 10 am yesterday, and didnt plug it back in untill 6 am today (yes i am in college lol)... when i plugged it in i still had 20% of my battery left... 20 hours, and i could have prolly gone a full 24 easily. Idk about you guys, but that is pretty damn good, especially for a smart phone, im quite content with the battery life :) love my DROID!