Well, now we're into July :(

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by rsarno, Jun 9, 2010.

1. rsarno

rsarno New Member

"Will ship by 6/30!"

YAY!

/sarcasm

My 1st mistake was 3 weeks ago deciding on the Moto Droid over the Incredible

My 2nd mistake was 2.5 weeks ago deciding to not order it online, and just wait for them to be in stock in the store.

Every single day im watching the delay increase ... its sort of like running in place lol.
  2. verian

verian Guest

Come on getting the Droid wasn't a mistake. Its smoking the INC. Right know with Froyo on it. What is it that you don't like about the Droid so much? I love it myself.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Your mistake actually was not holding on to the Droid now that Froyo is out. You'd have a lean fast screaming machine had you of done that.

But quite honestly if I were in your position at that time I probably would have done the same thing. Who was to know?
  4. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Wow July now? they need to get on the ball with shipping out the Incredibles.
  5. zMd113

zMd113 New Member

I'm going crazy here! Apparently joining the dark side takes a long time.

So are you still waiting for the DROID Incredible in stores?
    Because Best Buy has them in stock more often than Verison does. I wish I had known that before I ordered mine online.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
  6. kmo

kmo New Member

Best Buy may some available but isn't that just for new contracts? Doesn't help the people that already have an existing contract, someone correct me if I'm wrong....
  7. JayCizzo

JayCizzo New Member

I bought mine from Best Buy at full retail. Of course their full retail price is $599 instead of Verizon's $529.
  8. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

I really don't see why people say the incredible > droid.

After playing with my friend inc for a while and comparing it to my droid, I'd never trade it, even if my droid didnt have a physical keyboard
  9. Jmart922

Jmart922 New Member

+1 on the above comments, getting the droid wasn't a mistake
    with froyo upon us, and launcher pro here, the incredible isn't so incredible, the one thing I would want from the incredible is the amount of ram it has, that's about it
  10. JayCizzo

JayCizzo New Member

To name a few reasons, form factor, Sense UI, Speed increase (stock), camera....

Having said that, it's all what works best for you. Neither phone is superior to the other.
  11. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Ok seriously why does EVERY thread have to turn into the Incredible vs the Droid. This is getting rediculous! We are all Android owners and have a Droid in one way or another, why are we basically against eachother?
  12. moopey

moopey New Member

i landed an incredible at a best buy mobile store a little over a week ago. they did ask me if i had a current contract. I don't know if that was just to look up my info or if it was because they were only selling to existing customers or something.

I called like 35 stores between verizon, best buy, and was told to order it. then i stumbled on the best buy mobile like an hour away. they had a handfull of them.

best of luck to everyone trying to get one.
    -Derek-
  13. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

[
    Having said that, it's all what works best for you. Neither phone is superior to the other.[/QUOTE]

Well said...
  14. rsarno

rsarno New Member

OMG SORRY!

I didnt mean to say it was a mistake to by the Moto Droid, sheesh yall are touchy! LOL!

I absolutely LOVE the phone. However, i bought it for myself and my wife specifically because it had the keyboard ... after 2 weeks (we still have the phone) we havent touched the keyboard a single time.

Neither of us plan to know anything about roots or roms or whatever, we just want to buy it and use it ...

As of right now, it appears the best decision for us is he dInc because we dont need the keyboard, and as a result it would shed some weight off the phone.

Cant deny this thing is a bit boxy, clunky lol.

EDIT, the only immediate thing i noticed about the dInc is that it just feels like a toy! So cheap feeling. No weight at all, plastic feeling, feels like it will crack in half if i press it on my face too hard haha

But we weighed the pro's and con's, there is just no justification to keeping the Moto Droid, the weight and size really bother us, and we arent using the keyboard ... which is to some extent, contributing to the weight and size
  15. NoKz

NoKz New Member

I'll keep my higher quality Droid. The Inc is too cheap feeling IMO. And I can do everything just as well, if not better, on my Droid.
  16. kmo

kmo New Member

Exactly who cares. They're just phones (hardware/software.) If it's working for you and you're enjoying the experience, fantastic. They're all Android platforms and we all get to share relatively the same experience... It's funny
    to hear "I will never get rid of my Droid" or whatever phone you have. Yes we all will eventually get rid of our current phone and will have another latest/greatest device out there. Laughable how some feel so personally attacked by certain comments. If we're on a Forum like this we obviously are a bit geeky about our smartphones and we will be looking for the next great device to get our hands on. Nothing last forever, including the hype about certain phones.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  17. Josefius

Josefius Member

Incredible IS a Droid, wth people.
  18. shamus

shamus New Member

Did this thread get moved here or something?
    Why so much Droid>Incredible?

Having said that, I do believe Amazon has them in stock still. And Best Buy gets there here or there (I was told they receive them on Friday nights). Best Buy will also price match anyone that has them in stock.
  19. Josefius

Josefius Member

Like I said, The Incredible is the newest "Droid". I don't know why it's so hard to understand.
  20. teken114

teken114 New Member

go to amazon wireless thats where i got my droid, works with existing customers