Well my phone will be a brick soon...

Alchemist945

Reaction score
My friend just went thru the same problem with his dx Verizon wouldn't replace it for free cause the port broke he would have to pay the 100 $ Insurence fee but he went on eBay and got 3 batteries and a wall charger just for the batteries it was 13 bucks with free shipping I would try that

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using droidForums

OP
F

fisterkev

Reaction score
Well that's not very encouraging... was your friend's phone still under the year warranty?

JRParsons

Reaction score
I had the same problem on a Touch Pro 2, I brought it into the Verizon store and told them it wouldn't charge, I did not say anything else. The guy plugged it in conformed it wouldn't charge and ordered me a refurb. He did say that the charging port was not covered under the warranty, but I don't think he confirmed it was the port. If the port is disconnected internally, I agree with you, it is a manufacturers defect. If the pins are loose (which was my case, I can see them having an argument for wear and tear. )
What if another internal part had come loose, it would be clear that its a defect, and since it is the entire port, the disconnection is "inside" the phone.
I think your case is going to depend on whether the guy/girl behind the counter likes you.
If you have no luck at the store, you can always call *611 and complain the screen is sporadically doing crazy things, and they will send you a new one. But be careful, if they figure it out, you will most likely be charged full retail.
Good luck.

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Happened to me.

I could wiggle the charge jack like a loose tooth. eventually any motion at all disconnected it. Brought it to Verizon, told 'em it wouldn't charge. They took a "known to be good" store charger, plugged it in and no charge-y. A minute later the rep was writing me up for a "new" phone (refurb). Fed Ex brought it next day.

Less than a year old, but no insurance.

Dr Fatsides

OP
F

fisterkev

Reaction score
This is starting to sound like a common problem with this phone... I'll find out tomorrow when I take it in.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I love how you walk from all these other companies to show them.... and have no problem walking on verizon... at some point, youre going to run out of companies to walk on without havig to go back to one.

I predict you will go in and tell them you plan to walk if they dont give you a new refurb, even though its not a manufacturers defect.....and you will end up walking, even though you are in the wrong and wants verizon to pick up your tab for wear and tear....

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

OP
F

fisterkev

Reaction score
I love how you walk from all these other companies to show them.... and have no problem walking on verizon... at some point, youre going to run out of companies to walk on without havig to go back to one.

I predict you will go in and tell them you plan to walk if they dont give you a new refurb, even though its not a manufacturers defect.....and you will end up walking, even though you are in the wrong and wants verizon to pick up your tab for wear and tear....

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

Lol, whatever dude. Walked from "all these companies"? I walked from TMobile after they couldn't explain how my $80 / month family plan was balooning up to $160 and I was getting charged for minutes I wasn't supposed to. I'd be an idiot not to walk from that and don't regret it for a second. TMobile blows. As for AT&T I never said I walked from them, they are just incompetent (I am referring to their home phone and internet service on this one).

You predict I will walk in there and throw a fit? I predict you will get in a damn wreck driving while texting, rocket scientist. :blink:

Why don't you add something productive, or stay out of it?

OP
F

fisterkev

Reaction score
Well much ado about nothing... Walked in and told 'em it wouldn't charge, they plugged it in to confirm and about 5 minutes later I walked out of the store with a new (refurb, I guess) phone to be shipped to the house by tomorrow. No haggling or whining about wear and tear, she just said "Yeah, the port is broken, we'll get you a replacement" and processed the replacement order right then.

So +1 for Verizon CS. Glad it went that way, since I like the phone and really like Verizon's network and speeds. :)

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Got lucky....congrats