Well I'm B.R.I.C.K.E.D

DroidX101

Reaction score
So I got a wild hair and wanted to go back to 2.1 cause of getting stuck at the "M" logo. Well that was just dumb. Now I'm stuck at the Bootloader. I tried the new 4.8 and sbf, but no go.

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Batter Ok
Ok to Program
Transfer mode:
USB

any ideas would be greatly app. I don't want to spend 600 to buy a new phone. Thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Trip to Verizon store about the only option for you as of yet.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No they should have the new 2.2 sbf and be semi competent enough to do it.

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score
ok, thanks

What should I tell them, should I tell them that I was tryin to go back to 2.1....lol

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah not sure on that one man when I called Verizon and had to do a manual reactivation on my line when I SBF'd back to 2.1, I just told them I did a factory reset. Guy didn't seem to care, but if you get a tech who thinks he is smarter than you and tries to give you a hard time cause he knows what you did. Not to sure.

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score
lol, ok, well it wont hurt to try huh. Worse case..buy another one, or pay to have it fixed. haha
Thanks

maronn

Reaction score
I went to VZW today. I just told them it happened while loading the OTA. They were unable to fix it in the store. Without saying to much, I can honestly say that with the relationship myself and our company has with VZW, they would have fixed it if it was possible. But they are replacing it for free, and I will have it on Monday. They are shipping it 2 Day priority, but with the weekend I unfortunately have to wait a little longer. Just wanted to let you know what to expect when you go.

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score
I went to VZW today. I just told them it happened while loading the OTA. They were unable to fix it in the store. Without saying to much, I can honestly say that with the relationship myself and our company has with VZW, they would have fixed it if it was possible. But they are replacing it for free, and I will have it on Monday. They are shipping it 2 Day priority, but with the weekend I unfortunately have to wait a little longer. Just wanted to let you know what to expect when you go.

Thanks, that's sounds better...lol

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Why go to the Store...just call Verizon Warranty Center 866 406 5154 Option 1

This way you save gas/time, you get to keep the phone and keep messing with it until the new one arrives...AND everytime I have used it they Overnighted the new phone and it arrived the next day.

OH, the comment about the "M Boot" is all you need, it is a known issue and that is all you have to tell them. Just did it Wed and had replacement Thursday (yesterday) PLUS, they gave me 10% off my primary line for 6 months because of the trouble..and I didn't even ask or it. Very nice folks at the Warranty Center!

davezx9

Reaction score
the same exact thing happened to me, i called the insurance company and told them i lost my phone,so they sent me a new one for $89...Then after reading this post i called the warranty dept and they are sending me a new one. now i need to send back the warranty one.Does anyone know how to unroot so i can send it back...

sul7en

Reaction score
Same thing for me:
Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req’d
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

doing the OTA

My replacement should be here sometime next week. Should we use my brick as a tool to try and solve this for the community? I'm open to ideas.