well, i just put on my steinheil oleophobic screen protector last night

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by GalaxyFlatulence, Jan 7, 2012.

1. GalaxyFlatulence

Ratings:
    +10
    it works great. crystal clear, and no affect whatsoever on touch sensitivity, unlike the xo skin i had. it doesn't make the screen grainy or feel rubbery like the xo skin i had either. feels smooth and no bubbles.

it went on easy the first time. no lint or dust trapped. took about 1 minute to install [​IMG]

(it's a dry install, just peel and stick). $13.99 out the door from amazon.

only thing is it doesn't go to the edges all the way, not even the side edges. i can understand not going to the bottom edge because it's curved and it'll peel up, but why doesn't it go to the side edges? [​IMG]

however, despite this, this is the best screen protector i've tried so far. :D

#1 GalaxyFlatulence, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +323
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6, 7, & 9
    They avoid the edges because when people put cases on that cover a bit of the screen, they cause screen protectors to peel up. I'm still on the fence about the screen protectors!

3. GalaxyFlatulence

Ratings:
    +10

i was too, for the longest time. but if you change your mind, this is one of the good ones that won't diminish your phone experience at all DancingNexus

4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    +1 for sgp ultra oleophobic

5. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    They avoid the edges on the Nexus because the glass is curved, causes the edges not to stick because it's a dry application. Their wet application protector goes to the edge because it doesn't have the issue with curved glass.

6. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +323
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6, 7, & 9
    I should have started my post with "I think"! :biggrin:

7. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Heh, I was curious myself why they didn't go to the edge with the dry application, so I researched a bit. I use the dry one though and I've gotten used to the little border it has around the edge. It feels just like the glass does.

8. Str8Aro

Str8Aro Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    Over on the Screen Protector thread by Ilikemoneygreen, I posted my review of the Rearth screen protector that I bought from Amazon. The SGP was not in stock when I went to order on GN day one, so I ordered this one. It is a dry application and does cover all of the glass but .... Due to the stiffness of the dry application plastic, it does not lay down all the way around the screen or the speaker hole. The GN glass screen is curved at the edges and around the ear speaker hole, probably from the mold that it is made in. The Rearth is clear and works well if you can get past the "white" looking perimeter :frown:.

I have the Diztronics TPU case on it and the case just comes to the screen protector edge. It doesn't touch or overlap it so the lifted edge is not from that. "Money" said some have had success with a hair dryer to warm the protector to get it to lay down but I am not brave enough to try that on my GN. I will replace this protector with the SGP when I get tired of it.

9. D-Roid

D-Roid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this exact problem with my Best Skins Ever which led me to the Steinheil Oleophobic. Glad it did because I love this thing! [h=2][/h]

10. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    The only thing I don't like about the oleophobic is that it seems to get more finger prints and it's much harder to wipe off.

I know this is the opposite of what most people have said, but man sometimes I feel like I can't get the damn thing clean. Never had that problem with the stock glass. I'll clean it for like a minute and look at the screen and it still has oils on it. I find that doing a circle motion with the fiber cloth and then wiping in one direction seems to clean it the best.

11. GalaxyFlatulence

Ratings:
    +10
    yep you're right. there is no doubt it collects hand oil far more than the screen does.

Search tags for this page
best skins ever or sgp screen protector
oleophobic glass screen protector
oleophobic peels
steinheil oleophobic s3
steinheil oleophobic screen protector
steinheil oleophobic screen protector galaxy nexus

steinheil screen protector