Well I just got my new phone, but...urgent

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Old one had crappy speaker quality.

New one... I don't know if this is a problem or not, I can't remember how it was on my old one.

I can't seem to slide the keyboard closed without heavy resistance unless I use two fingers(one on each end) or push in the middle. If I try to close it by pushing on only either the left or right side, the thing doesn't want to close easily. This normal?

I need to know if I gotta return this thing AGAIN:mad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine slides pretty easy, between 2 fingers and my thumb pushing it out. Now that I think of it however I do think at one time it was harder then it currently is.

Maybe it just needs to loosen up some.

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
When your phone is locked, and you slide it up, to unlock it, is there a delay before the unlock screen comes up?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I wouldn't worry about it...cause actually i would be happy if mine was like that because I'm SO paranoid that it's getting loose feeling

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Yea, but if I put a case on it, I don't want to not be able to slide easy lol. Also same question to you about the delay.

crspang

Reaction score
I would think that applying equal pressure on both sides while opening and closing would be the best scenario to extend the life of the sliding mechanism.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but do you still have the plastic covering on? I'm thinking that could be what's making it close rough.

ShowTime

Reaction score
No I wouldn't worry about it...cause actually i would be happy if mine was like that because I'm SO paranoid that it's getting loose feeling

Me too. Mine is nice and snug but so many people talk about theirs getting loose and opening/closing at will... seems like every day I think mine feels a tiny bit looser than the day before. :mad:

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Dumb question, but do you still have the plastic covering on? I'm thinking that could be what's making it close rough.
Nope just took it off.

Its pretty much impossible for me to close if I only use one finger on either side. It has to be both or in the middle.

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Nope just took it off.

Its pretty much impossible for me to close if I only use one finger on either side. It has to be both or in the middle.
Can someone answer? Is there a delay or is there not when sliding the phone up and the screen appearing? I slide it up wait a second or two then the unlock screen appears.

nyijedi

Reaction score
Its pretty much impossible for me to close if I only use one finger on either side. It has to be both or in the middle.[/quote]
Can someone answer? Is there a delay or is there not when sliding the phone up and the screen appearing? I slide it up wait a second or two then the unlock screen appears.[/QUOTE]

A slight delay is normal.