Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
So after my beloved 3rd Bionic had its glass shattered last night I went ahead and ordered the S3... I will miss the Bionic.. my upgrade isn't till May, but after a lot of arguing they moved my upgrade to now so $199. At first they wanted to charge be $413 for a refurbed one. I never even saw the phone in person yet. So I hope it lives up to all the hype... and suggestions would be appreciated... :)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Re: Well I didi it..

jealous

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I would love a GS3... maybe.

jwilly216

Reaction score
I was just in Verizon n one of their employees was trying to start an argument with me that the S3 does not have gorilla glass I told her it does have gorilla glass 2 but she kept saying over and over she just talked to the Samsung rep and they told her it does not have gorilla glass and almost everyone that comes in has a cracked screen which is BS. She was just trying to get me to buy a case because I wear my s3 naked. But stop stating incorrect things as facts Verizon. they look increasingly foolish.
The s3 does have GG, right?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So after my beloved 3rd Bionic had its glass shattered last night I went ahead and and ordered the S3... I will miss the Bionic.. my upgrade isn't till May, but after a lot of arguing they moved my upgrade now so $199. At first they wanted to charge be $413 for a refurbed one. I never even saw the phone in person yet. So I hope it lives up to all the hype... and suggestions would be appreciated... :)
Welcome to the fam.I think you'll be pleased with your choice.Let us know if you get a better signal or just as good as the Bionic.Thxz

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
What up Shadez?! I remember you suffered through the early days of the Bionic with me. Good times...

As someone who LOVED their Bionic, this phone is amazing. When I got my Bionic I thought "I'll have no trouble making it through the year with this, then I'll upgrade." With my S3, I have no intention of upgrading anytime soon and I truly believe I can make it the full 2 years with room to spare, which I've never been able to do with a smartphone. The new phones look nice but...I don't think they'll touch my GS3. Only thing I miss from my Bionic is the screen and the extended battery. Unrivaled ability to see it outdoors. But the GS3 is definitely better at it than my Rezound. And the Bionic extended w/ rubber case was a perfect fit for my hand. Now my S3 with my Seido Active case is a perfect fit, and though battery is still great, it's not quite as good as that extended. Oh well...

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
What up Shadez?! I remember you suffered through the early days of the Bionic with me. Good times...

As someone who LOVED their Bionic, this phone is amazing. When I got my Bionic I thought "I'll have no trouble making it through the year with this, then I'll upgrade." With my S3, I have no intention of upgrading anytime soon and I truly believe I can make it the full 2 years with room to spare, which I've never been able to do with a smartphone. The new phones look nice but...I don't think they'll touch my GS3. Only thing I miss from my Bionic is the screen and the extended battery. Unrivaled ability to see it outdoors. But the GS3 is definitely better at it than my Rezound. And the Bionic extended w/ rubber case was a perfect fit for my hand. Now my S3 with my Seido Active case is a perfect fit, and though battery is still great, it's not quite as good as that extended. Oh well...

Yea Ill miss those same things.. I've been reading up on it. I'll miss the HDMI port, but can get an adapter. Hows the camera quality?

BTW my Bionic will still be used with wifi and lapdock ... taking the covers off the Bionic made the volume button side bezel to come off, then eventually the buttons themselves.. on 2 of the 3. I wish it lasted long enough to get the ICS OTA .. but oh well. What color did you get?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ah yes, of course, I also really miss that HDMI port, how could I forget. Camera is amazing, doesn't auto-focus as fast as I remember my Rezound doing, but still not bad, and definitely better quality (and better auto focus quality overall IMO).

Damn that's too bad, was such a solid phone too. If I still had mine I'd definitely still use it in the same way. Shame...

I got the Pebble Blue, and it looks awesome in this case. Everyone at work has been asking me what kind of phone is that. Nobody cared with my Bionic or Rezound...

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Nice..I ordered same color.. you have a link to the case you got? Also gonna need horizontal car adapter for navigation...

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the fam.I think you'll be pleased with your choice.Let us know if you get a better signal or just as good as the Bionic.Thxz

Yea that seems to be the biggest problem I've seen, is voice quality. I'm not sure if you have jelly bean yet but it is supposed to fix this issue...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website