Well CRAP! Droid Screen dead again!

Reaction score
I got an Original Droid the week after it launched and it worked great for about 6 months. Then I had the screen get the "ghost touch" issues with the screen having erratic movements because of the digitizer freaking out. I got that one replaced and now the one I got as a replacement has the right quarter of the screen completely dead to touch. I've tried cleaning it thinking it might be skin oils or something else getting on it but that doesn't help. I tried cleaning the edge of the screen but it still doesn't work. Has anyone had any luck getting them to replace the original droid after the one year after the original phone was purchased? I'm afraid I'm stuck with a screwed up phone. I COULD upgrade to a new phone a little early but I'm not due for my full discount until July so I'd lose money on the deal. I'm going to call VZW tomorrow and see if they will do anything but I'm not holding my breath.

OP
P
Reaction score
No Dice... looks like I've got to do the early upgrade or pay a fortuned to get it fixed or buy a refurb. I was really hoping to be able to wait until July to have a few more phones to pick from and evaluate (and get the extra $50). Wish they were doing a buy one/get one this weekend so I could go ahead and upgrade my wife too.