Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

CBMGGM

Reaction score
I have serious doubts it'll be on vzw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would be very surprised if Google gave VZW another shot. Big Red did everything wrong with the Gnex. Hopefully T-Mobile's coverage will improve in the next 6 months; then it's adios Verizon.

Last edited:

jpin321

Reaction score
T-Mobile sounds nice and I like the devices and the pricing. But coverage and network speed are terrible compared to vzw. I dislike big red, but I can't seem to find a comparable option.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
T-Mobile sounds nice and I like the devices and the pricing. But coverage and network speed are terrible compared to vzw. I dislike big red, but I can't seem to find a comparable option.

I agree about t mobiles network but in my case it isnt that big of a deal. I live really close to a t mobile tower supposedly with 4g in my area but I never really use 4g. I am connected to wifi 95% of the time so I wouldnt really notice any change. I get pretty crappy verizon signal where I live so its not like I would be losing much.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Just so you all know I am seriously contemplating the s4 until the next nexus comes.out

I'd probably get the s4 as well, especially since they'll have a gsm s4 developers edition. I can't see it being longer than a few weeks until someone figures out how to turn the Verizon s4 into a developers phone.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd probably get the s4 as well, especially since they'll have a gsm s4 developers edition. I can't see it being longer than a few weeks until someone figures out how to turn the Verizon s4 into a developers phone.

Hardware is the same. Boot loader has been unlocked. No doubt aosp will be running on it with nothing broken within the next 2-3 weeks.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Hardware is the same. Boot loader has been unlocked. No doubt aosp will be running on it with nothing broken within the next 2-3 weeks.

One thing about Verizon's version is 16GB with only about 8GB left for storage.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
One thing about Verizon's version is 16GB with only about 8GB left for storage.

The only way to really battle this is use an ext sdcard for all of your downloads and personal stuff because any big apps will use the internal storage. Realistically IMO Samsung could push that 8-9 gigs to 11-12. Nexus 4 leaves 13 open on 16gb version. Take that and add all the touch wiz stuff and that maybe will take up 1-2 gigs more than aosp.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
The only way to really battle this is use an ext sdcard for all of your downloads and personal stuff because any big apps will use the internal storage. Realistically IMO Samsung could push that 8-9 gigs to 11-12. Nexus 4 leaves 13 open on 16gb version. Take that and add all the touch wiz stuff and that maybe will take up 1-2 gigs more than aosp.

When the dev's tear down the SG4 and get pure AOSP running that should free up a lot of storage; but at what cost? All the bells & whistles that Sammy is flanting is dependant on their 6GB software; I'm sure some of which can trimmed down a bit. Also VZW is announcing big news regarding HTC today. I'm very curious to see what happens. Choices choices choices....

Well the HTC rumors were not true; at least for today. Just some lame business plan with the help of J'Lo..........

Last edited:

CBMGGM

Reaction score
New build up. Has new kernel from this morning, fix for led turning off after screen has been turned on and notification hadn't been dismissed, pie updates, nav bar now editable while in expanded desktop mode, and CRT animation on/off(with more options) under display settings. OP updated with link.

Buck,
I flashed the 5/21 build this morning; very laggy refresh coming from screen sleep. Also home screen transitions are jittery too. Clean flashed FYI.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Buck,
I flashed the 5/21 build this morning; very laggy refresh coming from screen sleep. Also home screen transitions are jittery too. Clean flashed FYI.

I think I have some governor issues. I'll look into it this evening