Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

CBMGGM

Reaction score
StraightTalk is OK if you don't need much data. I've had data turned off for excessive usage for 2GB/month and heard others it happened for 100MB/day. They can also detect tethering, I had no issues tethering other android devices but got shut down the instant my PC went online. Not sure if its the browser UAString or pinging Microsoft update servers that sets it off but it was also suggested it could be TTL hops, deep-packet inspection or some combination. I don't buy the TTL theory simply b/c I had tethered phones successfully. This was with an AT&T compatible ST sim card. I've also heard they will be using T-Mobile exclusively for their gsm services in the near future.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hey Buck, I tend to agree with JPBeard21. The prepaids are okay, not great and usually the best you'll get is 3G. Those data caps and throttling are pretty common too. Wouldn't it be nice if Google entered the mobile wireless market?...... It's a pipe dream I know but what a game changer that would be.

JDROIDS

Reaction score
Awesome work on the latest build. Running really well with the buck kernel built in.

One question, is there a way to have the nav bar and status bars transparent? I don't see the option anywhere but I may be missing it. If not could that be added? I like that option a lot. It looks nice to have the "whole screen".

Thanks.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome work on the latest build. Running really well with the buck kernel built in.

One question, is there a way to have the nav bar and status bars transparent? I don't see the option anywhere but I may be missing it. If not could that be added? I like that option a lot. It looks nice to have the "whole screen".

Thanks.

Greg and I have talked about this a few times and we have agreed to keep that kind of theming kept to the theme changer.

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Just popping in right quick to say thanks again for this fantastic ROM! I had a hard reset after trying another kernel and finally flashed the 4-24 build I've been sitting on for almost 2 weeks now. It's running so smooth I'm done trying to tweak things. Thanks again for making this device so great!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just popping in right quick to say thanks again for this fantastic ROM! I had a hard reset after trying another kernel and finally flashed the 4-24 build I've been sitting on for almost 2 weeks now. It's running so smooth I'm done trying to tweak things. Thanks again for making this device so great!

Newest build: http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/jb-mr1/toro/elite-ota-buck_kernel/elite_toro-04-28-13.zip

Newest kernel: http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/j...nux 3.0.x/ProjectElite_Gnex30x-05_01_2013.zip

jpin321

Reaction score
May not be a rom issue. But can anyone provide some insight here? Cleared data but it didn't help.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
May not be a rom issue. But can anyone provide some insight here? Cleared data but it didn't help.

Never seen that before. My guess is a Google server issue

Last edited:

CBMGGM

Reaction score

There are a few threads regarding this floating around. Looks like it started on or around 5/2 and is affecting other phones as well. It appears to be a Google Play version conflict; people who have downloaded and installed version 4.0.25 seemed to have fixed the problem. Here is the link:

Dev-Host - com.android.vending-4.0.25.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Last edited:

jpin321

Reaction score
There are a few threads regarding this floating around. Looks like it started on or around 5/2 and is affecting other phones as well. It appears to be a Google Play version conflict; people who have downloaded and installed version 4.0.25 seemed to have fixed the problem. Here is the link:

Dev-Host - com.android.vending-4.0.25.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Well that fixed it. Thanks. New market looks goofy though.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Well that fixed it. Thanks. New market looks goofy though.

I'm glad it worked for you. It took me a little while to get used to the new format. It might look better if we got an inverted version. Haven't had time to check that out yet.

02Luis02

Reaction score
Buck,

Have you played with Halo on Paranoid Android yet? Its pretty genius... Would you or are you considering incorporating Halo to your ROM?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Buck,

Have you played with Halo on Paranoid Android yet? Its pretty genius... Would you or are you considering incorporating Halo to your ROM?

Yes I plan to include it

jpin321

Reaction score
It's quiet in here lol