Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

JPBeard21

Reaction score
What are you trying to gain by doing this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Was trying to see if the journaling mode set on writeback would have a performance increase on i/o speeds.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Here we go on next possible JB Build:

Android 4.3 Shows Up in Server Logs on Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10
android-43-galaxy-nexus-nexus-4-nexus-7-nexus-10-server-logs-small-1.jpg

Here's an interesting find from our friends over at AndroidAuthority. They were perusing their own server logs and found a curious amount of devices using various versions of Jelly Bean that we haven't heard of yet. They spotted Android 4.3, Android 4.3.3 and Android 4.3.1. All of these versions were running on various devices like the Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus 4, the Nexus 7 and the Nexus 10. Could some Google employees be using a newer version of Jelly Bean on their devices while browsing content over there? Seems like a distinct possibility. It's also possible these were faked, but it seems like a difficult and strange thing to pull off for almost no reason.

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here we go on next possible JB Build:

Android 4.3 Shows Up in Server Logs on Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10
android-43-galaxy-nexus-nexus-4-nexus-7-nexus-10-server-logs-small-1.jpg

Here's an interesting find from our friends over at AndroidAuthority. They were perusing their own server logs and found a curious amount of devices using various versions of Jelly Bean that we haven't heard of yet. They spotted Android 4.3, Android 4.3.3 and Android 4.3.1. All of these versions were running on various devices like the Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus 4, the Nexus 7 and the Nexus 10. Could some Google employees be using a newer version of Jelly Bean on their devices while browsing content over there? Seems like a distinct possibility. It's also possible these were faked, but it seems like a difficult and strange thing to pull off for almost no reason.

I'm a bit disappointed by this TBH

CBMGGM

Reaction score
These little incremental released to fix bugs is just ridiculous. Do it right the first time.

Now I understand your thought process. Many of us thought that 4.2 was rushed from the start from Google; l myself included. I am also reading that 5.0 might not work on the Gnex because of the new kernel being considered.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now I understand your thought process. Many of us thought that 4.2 was rushed from the start from Google; l myself included. I am also reading that 5.0 might not work on the Gnex because of the new kernel being considered.

We shall see. Gnex is nearing the end of its life.

rkpeterson

Reaction score
It sucks the phone is only a year and a half and it's too old

CBMGGM

Reaction score
We shall see. Gnex is nearing the end of its life.

If it is wasn't for great devs like you I would have dumped my Gnex months ago. My contract with VZW is up this October; can't wait to see what Nexus phone Google will have by then. And I will no doubt be leaving VZW after 12 years; I don't see them with a Nexus again. They don't derserve it.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I have a maguro coming my way in a week or so. Going to try out gsm in my area.

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Well I'm loving my unlimited 4G too much to switch. Even if I gotta get a sprint device and flash it, but I'm sticking with nexus devices from here out. Sure hope they make another CDMA nexus.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Well I have a maguro coming my way in a week or so. Going to try out gsm in my area.

I hope it works well for you. I live in the Chicago area but I travel twice a month. I would like T-Mobile but their coverage is spotty outside metro areas. Sprint is still trying to figure out 4g/LTE and my wife won't even let me whisper the word AT&T. AT&T was such a pain in the past; don't need the frustration with them.

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hope it works well for you. I live in the Chicago area but I travel twice a month. I would like T-Mobile but their coverage is spotty outside metro areas. Sprint is still trying to figure out 4g/LTE and my wife won't even let me whisper the word AT&T. AT&T was such a pain in the past; don't need the frustration with them.

I'm going to give net 10 or straight talk a try first. No T-Mobile coverage up here. Att prepaid is hella expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JPBeard21

Reaction score
I'm going to give net 10 or straight talk a try first. No T-Mobile coverage up here. Att prepaid is hella expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

StraightTalk is OK if you don't need much data. I've had data turned off for excessive usage for 2GB/month and heard others it happened for 100MB/day. They can also detect tethering, I had no issues tethering other android devices but got shut down the instant my PC went online. Not sure if its the browser UAString or pinging Microsoft update servers that sets it off but it was also suggested it could be TTL hops, deep-packet inspection or some combination. I don't buy the TTL theory simply b/c I had tethered phones successfully. This was with an AT&T compatible ST sim card. I've also heard they will be using T-Mobile exclusively for their gsm services in the near future.