Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by guidot, Dec 22, 2011.

1. JPBeard21

JPBeard21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else having autocorrect issues? I can fix temporarily by restoring an older backup of android keyboard but it loses the swipe functionality. Upon rebooting it loses the standard autocorrect for words such as 'I' 'can't' 'won't' etc. and swipe returns. What gives? Running 3-01 build and was the same from my previous install of the 2-21 build.

Edit:

I was able to fix by restoring keyboard from backup and copying over LatinIME.apk in /system/app. The backup was in /data/app/com.android.inputmethod.latin-1.apk which I renamed to LatinIME.apk. Then I renamed /system/app/LatinIME.apk to LatinIME.apk.bak. Then I copied my LatinIME.apk from /data/app to /system/app and rebooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#1057 JPBeard21, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. JPBeard21

JPBeard21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure most of you have heard about the 4.2.2 ota was leaked to a test version GNex. Well the update.zip was uploaded and the radios were extracted for all to flash. Find them over at xda.

3. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +69
    Already got em ;-) just in time for me to send my gnex into vzw for a replacement haha.

4. JPBeard21

JPBeard21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of doing the same lol.

5. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer

Ratings:
    +69
    My WiFi is shot. Get no data transfer anymore and Mac changes with every boot(on kernel without patch that prevents it). It seems phones with Mac Addy starting with 00:90:4c have faulty hardware. I unfortunately have a device with this Mac Addy.

6. rkpeterson

rkpeterson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got same mac addy with no issues, so far, but, i have a cracked screen so also am thinking of doing the same.

7. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone help explain why most of me screen drain is when the screen is off? I'm only getting just under 7 hours with only 40 min of screen time. And no talk time. Nothing in apps stands out. I'm also on the extended battery. Thanks

8. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My Mac Addy stays the same after boot and it starts with 00:90:4c. What are the hardware problems with those devices? I don't seem to have any problems....yet. *fingers crossed*

9. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer

Ratings:
    +69
    I'm going to give you something to try. That circle battery eats alot of battery. Change it to regular or percent(one with numbers and bar on right) and see what happens. Looks like on your screens the battery drain of the display is mostly on dim.

10. eibook

eibook New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First and foremost, this is an absolutely incredible ROM! Thank you for all of the work that you guys have put into this.

I tried searching the forums for an answer but I didn't find one, so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. Does anyone happen to know why I don't see PIE after I unlock my phone? It's there, if I touch where I normally see PIE it navigates correctly, it's like it's invisible. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

#1066 eibook, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  11. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer

Ratings:
    +69
    This is a bug in pie. It doesn't show up 100% of the time as it should. Its slowly getting better as PA pushes changes.

12. 7ontheline

7ontheline New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Toggle Airplane Mode...

UPDATE: This seems to have been fixed by re-flashing and toggling Airplane Mode a couple times. After the re-flash it still was having the same issues, but I toggled airplane mode a couple times and finally got the blue data bars. I suspect simply toggling airplane mode would have fixed my problem. Everything seems to be running fine for the past couple days, but I will say that battery life on 4.2.2 is definitely lacking compared to 4.1. Don't think it is due to the ROM because I have tried a couple 4.2.2 ROMs and they all have been a downgrade in terms of battery life. Also, had one random re-boot last night while browsing in Chrome. Have never had that happen before either. No complaints, just a few data points from my install. Thanks for the great ROM and loads of work. Keep it coming!

Search tags for this page
elite kernel nexus 7
elite rom toro

project elite

project elite galaxy nexus

project elite galaxy nexus rom
project elite maguro
project elite toro
toro gnex 4.3
welcome to the project elite gnex section!
xda developers motorola droid project elite