Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

Little812

Reaction score
Not that I've notice. Phone was laggy but took off action launcher and all is well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
No WiFi problems here that I've noticed. I read somewhere that rebooting the phone while WiFi is on helps it stick and not drop. I've been doing that every time WiFi is turned off and on again and it seems to have helped. =)

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm asking because people on the 4.2.2 ota have been reporting WiFi dropping problems on stock kernel. If this it the case I have a good idea of what might be causing it.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay so I changed some things in the kernel. Build with a couple changes in config and made a wireless change. Flash this kernel and report back on how it runs over all and test your wireless speeds on speedtest.net BEFORE and after flashing the kernel and see if you are seeing the same increases I am.
http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/j...nux 3.0.x/ProjectElite_Gnex30x-03_20_2013.zip

02Luis02

Reaction score
Definitely smoother and faster speeds... Here is the before and after

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Thanks Buck! Lower two scores are old kernel and upper two are new kernel.

Edit: Feels all around generally snappier, running AndroBench shows slightly better i/o across the board but sequential write went from 2.3 MB/s to 12.5 MB/s!

Last edited:

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Okay so I changed some things in the kernel. Build with a couple changes in config and made a wireless change. Flash this kernel and report back on how it runs over all and test your wireless speeds on speedtest.net BEFORE and after flashing the kernel and see if you are seeing the same increases I am.
http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/jb-mr1/kernels/Buck/Linux%203.0.x/ProjectElite_Gnex30x-03_20_2013.zip

Loving the kernel buck! Seems snappier, smoother and I also got an increase in WiFi speed. Thank you!!! =)

Little812

Reaction score
http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/j...nux 3.0.x/ProjectElite_Gnex30x-03_20_2013.zip

Are you planning on adding this to the next build? It's working great.

jk8

Reaction score
I've had my first two random reboots ever (I think) since flashing the new kernel. Haven't made any other changes this afternoon. Anyone else having problems?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I have to make a Dev confession. I realized today that when I merged 4.2.2 in, there was one repo I completely missed. With that being said I just uploaded a new build with that repo and that kernel I posted built in.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
So I have to make a Dev confession. I realized today that when I merged 4.2.2 in, there was one repo I completely missed. With that being said I just uploaded a new build with that repo and that kernel I posted built in.

Thank you buck!! Downloading now =)

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score

Don't worry, we still love you.