Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

eibook

Reaction score
First and foremost, this is an absolutely incredible ROM! Thank you for all of the work that you guys have put into this.

I tried searching the forums for an answer but I didn't find one, so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. Does anyone happen to know why I don't see PIE after I unlock my phone? It's there, if I touch where I normally see PIE it navigates correctly, it's like it's invisible. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First and foremost, this is an absolutely incredible ROM! Thank you for all of the work that you guys have put into this.

I tried searching the forums for an answer but I didn't find one, so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. Does anyone happen to know why I don't see PIE after I unlock my phone? It's there, if I touch where I normally see PIE it navigates correctly, it's like it's invisible. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

This is a bug in pie. It doesn't show up 100% of the time as it should. Its slowly getting better as PA pushes changes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

7ontheline

Reaction score
Toggle Airplane Mode...

Just flashed the 3/1 zip this afternoon and got everything up and running...until I turned WiFi off. On data, I am stuck with Grey Bars and another weird problem I have never seen before is that the battery charging seems to be stuck at 79% (??). I flashed this using my usual routine: Factory Reset, Wipe All Cache, Repeat 3x. I have flashed many ROMs in the past, so not sure what happened here. I also reflashed the radios just to make sure nothing had messed with those. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: This seems to have been fixed by re-flashing and toggling Airplane Mode a couple times. After the re-flash it still was having the same issues, but I toggled airplane mode a couple times and finally got the blue data bars. I suspect simply toggling airplane mode would have fixed my problem. Everything seems to be running fine for the past couple days, but I will say that battery life on 4.2.2 is definitely lacking compared to 4.1. Don't think it is due to the ROM because I have tried a couple 4.2.2 ROMs and they all have been a downgrade in terms of battery life. Also, had one random re-boot last night while browsing in Chrome. Have never had that happen before either. No complaints, just a few data points from my install. Thanks for the great ROM and loads of work. Keep it coming!

CBMGGM

Reaction score
UPDATE: This seems to have been fixed by re-flashing and toggling Airplane Mode a couple times. After the re-flash it still was having the same issues, but I toggled airplane mode a couple times and finally got the blue data bars. I suspect simply toggling airplane mode would have fixed my problem. Everything seems to be running fine for the past couple days, but I will say that battery life on 4.2.2 is definitely lacking compared to 4.1. Don't think it is due to the ROM because I have tried a couple 4.2.2 ROMs and they all have been a downgrade in terms of battery life. Also, had one random re-boot last night while browsing in Chrome. Have never had that happen before either. No complaints, just a few data points from my install. Thanks for the great ROM and loads of work. Keep it coming!

You might want to flash a different kernel. I was getting some wonky behavior on the 3/3 build with the stock kernel. Lean Kernel 6.1, Tiny's 3.1, AK Purity 023 are all good choices. I'm on Tiny and getting very good battery life with stability to match. These kernels are compatible with 4.2.2

Mohawk3

Reaction score
This is a bug in pie. It doesn't show up 100% of the time as it should. Its slowly getting better as PA pushes changes.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing that issue with pie. I thought it was because I dirty flashed. The ROM is great otherwise.

JPBeard21

Reaction score
After clean installing with the 3-03 build, still having issues with keyboard. If I only use swipe, autocorrect works fine except won't capitalize 'I' . Also flashed the leaked stock 4.2.2 and no longer have issues rebooting with headphones plugged in. Thinking that issue is kernel related. Still having trouble finding an easy, reliable fix for the keyboard.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
After clean installing with the 3-03 build, still having issues with keyboard. If I only use swipe, autocorrect works fine except won't capitalize 'I' . Also flashed the leaked stock 4.2.2 and no longer have issues rebooting with headphones plugged in. Thinking that issue is kernel related. Still having trouble finding an easy, reliable fix for the keyboard.

I guess that is one issue that i have besides pie not always being visible. I never really capitalizes for me.

Edit: I haven't flashed ATOM in a while, but I believe that Prime Directive had fixed that issue (i capitalization) at some point at least for his 4.2.1 ROM.

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Alright i fixed the head phone boot issue. You were correct it was kernel related. Here's a kernel to fix it. http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/j...nux 3.0.x/ProjectElite_Gnex30x-03_05_2013.zip

jpin321

Reaction score
I'm going to give you something to try. That circle battery eats alot of battery. Change it to regular or percent(one with numbers and bar on right) and see what happens. Looks like on your screens the battery drain of the display is mostly on dim.

Thanks I'll give that a try and report back.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I guess that is one issue that i have besides pie not always being visible. I never really capitalizes for me.

Edit: I haven't flashed ATOM in a while, but I believe that Prime Directive had fixed that issue (i capitalization) at some point at least for his 4.2.1 ROM.

Probably a dictionary issue. Ill fiddle with it and get it fixed.

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Probably a dictionary issue. Ill fiddle with it and get it fixed.

Thanks Buck! As a temp fix for the kernel I just flashed AK Purity 023. And for the keyboard I just swapped out the LatinIME.apk from a recent CM nightly.

eibook

Reaction score

Thank you very much for your quick response and thanks again for the work you put into this ROM.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your quick response and thanks again for the work you put into this ROM.

You're very welcome!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New build up. 03-06-13 build. All vzw binaries, libs, and apps completely up to date now. No new features just making sure everything is up to date. Tieing off loose ends.

Last edited: