Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

JPBeard21

Reaction score
No charging issues here. Everything works great as always.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you guys who haven't done a factory img flash to reset your device for a few OS versions, it will probably clear up some odd issues you are having. I was recently having issues with my WiFi not staying connected. I did the factory img flash/reset and has since resolved that issue.

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Is anyone else having autocorrect issues? I can fix temporarily by restoring an older backup of android keyboard but it loses the swipe functionality. Upon rebooting it loses the standard autocorrect for words such as 'I' 'can't' 'won't' etc. and swipe returns. What gives? Running 3-01 build and was the same from my previous install of the 2-21 build.

Edit:

I was able to fix by restoring keyboard from backup and copying over LatinIME.apk in /system/app. The backup was in /data/app/com.android.inputmethod.latin-1.apk which I renamed to LatinIME.apk. Then I renamed /system/app/LatinIME.apk to LatinIME.apk.bak. Then I copied my LatinIME.apk from /data/app to /system/app and rebooted.

Last edited:

JPBeard21

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have heard about the 4.2.2 ota was leaked to a test version GNex. Well the update.zip was uploaded and the radios were extracted for all to flash. Find them over at xda.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have heard about the 4.2.2 ota was leaked to a test version GNex. Well the update.zip was uploaded and the radios were extracted for all to flash. Find them over at xda.

Already got em ;-) just in time for me to send my gnex into vzw for a replacement haha.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the same lol.

My WiFi is shot. Get no data transfer anymore and Mac changes with every boot(on kernel without patch that prevents it). It seems phones with Mac Addy starting with 00:90:4c have faulty hardware. I unfortunately have a device with this Mac Addy.

rkpeterson

Reaction score
I got same mac addy with no issues, so far, but, i have a cracked screen so also am thinking of doing the same.

jpin321

Reaction score
Can someone help explain why most of me screen drain is when the screen is off? I'm only getting just under 7 hours with only 40 min of screen time. And no talk time. Nothing in apps stands out. I'm also on the extended battery. Thanks

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
My WiFi is shot. Get no data transfer anymore and Mac changes with every boot(on kernel without patch that prevents it). It seems phones with Mac Addy starting with 00:90:4c have faulty hardware. I unfortunately have a device with this Mac Addy.

My Mac Addy stays the same after boot and it starts with 00:90:4c. What are the hardware problems with those devices? I don't seem to have any problems....yet. *fingers crossed*

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can someone help explain why most of me screen drain is when the screen is off? I'm only getting just under 7 hours with only 40 min of screen time. And no talk time. Nothing in apps stands out. I'm also on the extended battery. Thanks

I'm going to give you something to try. That circle battery eats alot of battery. Change it to regular or percent(one with numbers and bar on right) and see what happens. Looks like on your screens the battery drain of the display is mostly on dim.