Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Non merged 2-25 build. I'm thinking the boot partition corruption could've been from having fsync off and i plugged the charger in just as it powered off. Bad circumstances

Edit, it also wasn't a standard charger, was using a PC USB cable and had fast charge on as well. It was just a clusterf***

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That'll do it for sure. Lol

JPBeard21

Reaction score
My phone just went dead and would not charge. Was using the latest nightly project elite aosp kernel. I managed to get into bootloader mode and let it trickle charge for about 20 minutes until it finally had enough charge to boot into recovery. Recovery wouldnt show it taking a charge. I let it sit to make sure it wouldnt die while flashing and then flashed GladDos kernel 2.2 and it immediately started charging. Scary. Thought i was gonna have to break out my usb dialysis cable i made to hook to the battery. Not saying it was kernel related but a possibility?

Double edit lol:

It is also possible it was charging in twrp before changing to GladDos kernel and it just didn't reflect it

While i was still in recovery i reflashed the elite kernel and it continued charging so please disregard my ignorance. Maybe it wouldn't charge because of the boot partition was corrupted?

JPBeard21

Reaction score
I wasnt too worried, i knew i could get it booting again but i had a panic attack when i remembered i had my boot loader locked lol

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wasnt too worried, i knew i could get it booting again but i had a panic attack when i remembered i had my boot loader locked lol

You locked your boot loader back up?

JPBeard21

Reaction score
You locked your boot loader back up?

Yeah lol, in a half assed attempt to secure my device. Almost had stock recovery too, would've been up s*** creek haha

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Smooth work as always Buck! Loving the quick settings pulldown. Something possibly related to my earlier power mishap, after flashing this update, got stuck on the Google logo and had to pull the battery. After I put it back in, it booted just fine. I did do a dirty flash but don't think it would have caused that. Starting to think i muffed something up. One thing I just noticed is when I try to tick the setting to show notification count, it always reverts back. Same happened on the 2-20 build I was running. No big deal to me, just a heads up.

JPBeard21

Reaction score
OK, so two more system hangs at boot. Each time with headphones plugged in. Will have to test more. This never used to happen before my incident so looks like something likely happened to my device.

Not sure if anyone else's autocorrect is doing this but each time I type the letter "I" it always comes out lowercase. It would always auto capitalize before and i can't figure a way to fix it. I guess I'll try aggressive then very aggressive autocorrect to see if it helps. Also not using contractions properly such as can't and I'll.

Edit:

Rebooted fine without headphones. Aggressiveness had no change on the autocorrect issues I posted earlier. Is there a way to change the default autocorrect choices?

Last edited:

nosman614

Reaction score
I was on the 2/21 build with the updated kernel that fixed the hp audio and had dirty flashed from the 2/18 build and over the last few days I was getting random reboots and it froze up forcing a battery pull also. I just flashed the 2/25 build (I didn't see the 2/28 build) but did a full wipe this time. I just wanted to report these occurrences in case others were having the same thing happen to them. Since I clean flashed this time I will see if the reboots and freeze ups happen again and report back if they do.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was on the 2/21 build with the updated kernel that fixed the hp audio and had dirty flashed from the 2/18 build and over the last few days I was getting random reboots and it froze up forcing a battery pull also. I just flashed the 2/25 build (I didn't see the 2/28 build) but did a full wipe this time. I just wanted to report these occurrences in case others were having the same thing happen to them. Since I clean flashed this time I will see if the reboots and freeze ups happen again and report back if they do.

Thank you for wiping and trying that out before reporting it as a solid bug!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New build up. Only thing new is i updated binaries for toro posted today by Google. 7 of the proprietaries were updated.

7ontheline

Reaction score
Grey bars on Data, Battery Charging Stuck at 79%

Just flashed the 3/1 zip this afternoon and got everything up and running...until I turned WiFi off. On data, I am stuck with Grey Bars and another weird problem I have never seen before is that the battery charging seems to be stuck at 79% (??). I flashed this using my usual routine: Factory Reset, Wipe All Cache, Repeat 3x. I have flashed many ROMs in the past, so not sure what happened here. I also reflashed the radios just to make sure nothing had messed with those. Any suggestions?

Little812

Reaction score
Dirty flashed couple hours ago and no issues.

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Just flashed the 3/1 zip this afternoon and got everything up and running...until I turned WiFi off. On data, I am stuck with Grey Bars and another weird problem I have never seen before is that the battery charging seems to be stuck at 79% (??). I flashed this using my usual routine: Factory Reset, Wipe All Cache, Repeat 3x. I have flashed many ROMs in the past, so not sure what happened here. I also reflashed the radios just to make sure nothing had messed with those. Any suggestions?

Check to make sure data is enabled, under settings/wireless & networks click more, go to mobile networks and verify data enabled. Also check network mode should be LTE/CDMA.

stephenahicks

Reaction score
Having the same battery issue. Only with the standard charger that the phone comes with. Car charger works fine full charge. Weird.