Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Hey guys, maybe I'm just overlooking it (checked twice) but I thought this ROM had the feature to load an app upon plugging in headphones? I'm still running the 2-20 nightly just because it is perfect and still unsure what changes been made in the latest builds. I did update the kernel but I don't think that's a kernel feature and shouldn't make a difference or would it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, maybe I'm just overlooking it (checked twice) but I thought this ROM had the feature to load an app upon plugging in headphones? I'm still running the 2-20 nightly just because it is perfect and still unsure what changes been made in the latest builds. I did update the kernel but I don't think that's a kernel feature and shouldn't make a difference or would it?

We do not have that option in the ROM. Most music apps have the option to start playing when head phones are plugged in though. You are right though it is not a kernel based feature.

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Thanks, must've been one of the last ROMs before i found this one and haven't looked back. I suppose change logs are on github?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, must've been one of the last ROMs before i found this one and haven't looked back. I suppose change logs are on github?

Yea. I don't post official change logs. When i put up a new build i usually will list changes but no "official" change log.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Big thanks to the devs for this ROM! Its working great so far, just flashed the 2-20 build and getting it set up. I fixed the fc issues by flashing the 12-12 gapps. Is there a change log? Any plans to implement the swipe on left or right status bar to pulldown quick settings toggle tiles?

Just for you i have added this left/right side pulldown for quick settings. It'll be in the build i put up later this evening.
sateje3a.jpg

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Just for you i have added this left/right side pulldown for quick settings. It'll be in the build i put up later this evening.
sateje3a.jpg

OMFG! Now that's how you make perfect perfect huh! Lookout! :D

Edit: sorry for the profanity

JPBeard21

Reaction score
My phone just went dead and would not charge. Was using the latest nightly project elite aosp kernel. I managed to get into bootloader mode and let it trickle charge for about 20 minutes until it finally had enough charge to boot into recovery. Recovery wouldnt show it taking a charge. I let it sit to make sure it wouldnt die while flashing and then flashed GladDos kernel 2.2 and it immediately started charging. Scary. Thought i was gonna have to break out my usb dialysis cable i made to hook to the battery. Not saying it was kernel related but a possibility?

Double edit lol:

It is also possible it was charging in twrp before changing to GladDos kernel and it just didn't reflect it

Last edited:

JPBeard21

Reaction score
And then once I had almost 10% charge, it wouldnt boot. I had to restore the boot partition from a nandroid. What the hell happened?

JPBeard21

Reaction score
These builds are safe for those of us who like to flash dirty right?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
These builds are safe for those of us who like to flash dirty right?

I flash them dirty for way more times than i should. Its best to wipe and flash. Also sounds like you had a fluke incident. New build posted also BTW.

Edit: I've dirty flashed 4 times just today

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And then once I had almost 10% charge, it wouldnt boot. I had to restore the boot partition from a nandroid. What the hell happened?

Were you using the Linux merged or non merged kernel?

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Were you using the Linux merged or non merged kernel?

Non merged 2-25 build. I'm thinking the boot partition corruption could've been from having fsync off and i plugged the charger in just as it powered off. Bad circumstances

Edit, it also wasn't a standard charger, was using a PC USB cable and had fast charge on as well. It was just a clusterf***

Last edited: