Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

Caveman419

Reaction score
I saw mention of this ROM pop up on another board and sounded really enticing, so I flashed it this morning. I have to say that this is really something special! This has the best of some of the greats and puts it in a class of its own. Great job and thank you for all the hard work that went into piece of art.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
You guys have and plans for a grouper build? I love it and would love to be running it on the N7 too. Been a while since I was here lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Yes there are plans for a grouper build. My step daughter has one so it will be built at some point. The past few weeks have been tough for me with family stuff so buck has been keeping everything updated. Once I get a full free day I'll catch up non everything and there are some things I want to add before an official release. I talk to buck almost daily so I'm still in the loop and know what's going on as we still talk about what to do and what we think the rom should have. We figured out what the issue was with all the f.Cs so the latest build he posted should not have them anymore. Please post if there are any issues. This is why we post the incremental builds. The faster everything is working ( which should be working again) the faster a full release will come. Its common for after a full merge of an upgrade to miss something here or there which cause an issue but now that should be taken care of.
We are going to try and have toro, maguro, toroplus for the full release. (Grouper may come later).
I hope everyone is enjoying p.e I've kept in kind of in the background for awhile now (since the o.g) but Long time followers never left and I thank you.
Also p.e may have not been release but there are a few roms out there that use the p.e build system and a lot from it like vendor which was done early on in jb just many are not aware of this so buck and I have been building this up for awhile now.
Thank you to all the ones who have recently tried p.e it seems that the majority love the rom and that's what we wanted. Hopefully a full release will happen soon.
Big up to buck for keeping up with builds and the rom while I've had some issues these past few weeks and thanks to rkpeterson for always being around and letting buck n I know about errors and other issues. Rk has been around for a long time and builds off buck n my gits to ensure we both were on the same page lol.
Thanks everyone for the great feedback also

Last edited:

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
And one more thing. Once we decide to release it whether it be as an r.c first or an official release we will post it at root and possibly elsewhere. I've been hearing a lot about not having builds over there yet but that because we want it to be perfect before its actually posted as a release

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Simply amazing work! I have been running JBSourcery for a while which was great but lag would always seem to creep in at some point. So I switched to baldwinguy's "Shiny" AOSP for the smooth stock experience but didn't have features i often use. Went to CM 10.1 for the customization/performance trade off and luckily saw a post about this gem in another forum and so glad I did. Has all the features you would expect in a custom ROM and without sacrificing performance. Still rocking the 2-20 build but its running so good, i don't even wanna bother flashing again. Not sure how you make perfect perfect, but ima be sticking around for sure.

DR3W5K1

Reaction score
Hey Buck any idea why my I/0 score is so low when i run a benchmark? Score is way low (the benchmark scores the same)regardless of scheduler or read ahead size. I can't figure it out. Thanks (when i say low i mean much lower than stock kernel for the phone)
(I'm on nightly 2-16)

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey Buck any idea why my I/0 score is so low when i run a benchmark? Score is way low (the benchmark scores the same)regardless of scheduler or read ahead size. I can't figure it out. Thanks (when i say low i mean much lower than stock kernel for the phone)
(I'm on nightly 2-16)

What are you using for a benchmark app? My kernel was scoring in the 9400-9500 range on antutu. If you look at my kernel thread there are screen shots.

DR3W5K1

Reaction score
What are you using for a benchmark app? My kernel was scoring in the 9400-9500 range on antutu. If you look at my kernel thread there are screen shots.

Quadrant.. Phone runs just fine was just wondering. Might be like that with the new binaries or something with 4.2.2 changed? I dunno

Rommin

Reaction score
And one more thing. Once we decide to release it whether it be as an r.c first or an official release we will post it at root and possibly elsewhere. I've been hearing a lot about not having builds over there yet but that because we want it to be perfect before its actually posted as a release

Thanks to both of you for your work on this, but honestly, this ROM right now is closer to a perfect release than any of the 4.2.x ROMs that I have installed elsewhere .. including AOKP and the "hot" "newcomer" Carbon.

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Quadrant.. Phone runs just fine was just wondering. Might be like that with the new binaries or something with 4.2.2 changed? I dunno

Quadrant has been kinda bad for benchmarking since ics. They never seemed to get it updated correctly.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@nosman614 I'm 99% sure i fixed the high performance audio pausing issue. It was kernel based. Flash this kernel and let me know. I watched a movie for ten minute with power amp set to come on when head phone jack was plugged in(this is how i replicated your issue while having movie playing. The movie would pause and music would start every 30 secs or so) and had no interruptions. Let me know. http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/jb-mr1/kernels/Buck/ProjectElite_Gnex-02_22_2013.zip

chaoslimits

Reaction score
Is there a way to stop my Wifi MAC address from changing everytime I reboot?
Thanks

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there a way to stop my Wifi MAC address from changing everytime I reboot?
Thanks

It shouldn't be randomizing. Ill take a look and see. That stuff is kernel controlled and i never altered that from aosp source.

griffinco

Reaction score
Posted this in Rootz, but thought I should drop it here so the Devs could see it:

I've been running Codename Android since the fall (too lazy to change anything after they disappeared.) The random reboots were becoming more common and driving me nuts, so thought I'd give a 4.2.2 ROM a whirl.

Started with AOKP nightly, but bluetooth range was literally 2 feet. I use my headset a lot for calls, so that was a no go.

Been running this one for 3 days and bluetooth works great, has lots of little tweaks I forgot were a problem (all audio is louder and clearer) and haven't noticed a random reboot yet. Snappy and smooth. Nice work and thanks for the ROM. Will stick with PE for a while I think.

I'm so tickled with this ROM that I'm making my first-ever donation to a project. Thanks for your time and a great ROM, it's made my life measurably more enjoyable. :)

edit: Hey Buck, fyi tried to donate through your link, but there's no URL attached to it (donated through Act's link instead)

Last edited:

Little812

Reaction score
BA rom. Glad to flash and thank you putting it together.