Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

nosman614

Reaction score
For any of you who have NOT wiped your sdcard since ICS, I highly suggest doing so. Wipe it in recovery because it will give the most thorough wipe. This helps clearing up many odd ball issues. Including mtp mount problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

this might be a stupid question, but I wanted to ask it anyway. Since there is no sdcard for the G-Nex, is doing so really needed? if so, won't wiping the sdcard cause me to lose the .zip? Or should I be doing that after I flash the ROM. lmk

stephenahicks

Reaction score
I look forward to it! Pie is a really cool idea. Will there be an option to disable or hide the nav bar?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
this might be a stupid question, but I wanted to ask it anyway. Since there is no sdcard for the G-Nex, is doing so really needed? if so, won't wiping the sdcard cause me to lose the .zip? Or should I be doing that after I flash the ROM. lmk

Yes it is necessary. It is actually your internal memory. I'm just referring to it as the sdcard. You will have to backup your stuff and only put back on what you need like download folder, dcim, music, movies, backups, tibu etc. This will not wipe your system so you will be able to boot back up and plug back into computer to put stuff back on. The android OS stores information on the internal memory and it never gets deleted. I have recently discovered that the left over stuff does slow down your phone and cause little issues like with mtp.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I look forward to it! Pie is a really cool idea. Will there be an option to disable or hide the nav bar?

There are 2 ways to get rid of the navbar. Set the height to zero or with expanded desktop. I added an extra option to the expanded desktop to enable with or without the status bar. The thing with pie is you can only use it when you are in expanded desktop mode. The cool thing with the option to have expanded desktop with status bar showing is you can essentially replace the navbar with pie and everything else stays the same.

nosman614

Reaction score
Yes it is necessary. It is actually your internal memory. I'm just referring to it as the sdcard. You will have to backup your stuff and only put back on what you need like download folder, dcim, music, movies, backups, tibu etc. This will not wipe your system so you will be able to boot back up and plug back into computer to put stuff back on. The android OS stores information on the internal memory and it never gets deleted. I have recently discovered that the left over stuff does slow down your phone and cause little issues like with mtp.

thanks for the explanation. I've just been so busy and haven't been able to get to asking that question and wanted to find out before upgrading to the 1/30 build. So I'll flash the ROM, then wipe internal memory then go back and restore the folders I still needed/wanted. Thanks!

stephenahicks

Reaction score
There are 2 ways to get rid of the navbar. Set the height to zero or with expanded desktop. I added an extra option to the expanded desktop to enable with or without the status bar. The thing with pie is you can only use it when you are in expanded desktop mode. The cool thing with the option to have expanded desktop with status bar showing is you can essentially replace the navbar with pie and everything else stays the same.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New build up by the way!

kluss0

Reaction score
With the impending snow storm here in the north east US, VzW decided to send out a WEA broadcast. Apparently, the capability to receive these alerts is missing from the ROM. Not that this is a big deal, just thought I would mention it. I was OK with my phone being the only one in the room *NOT* wailing like a siren.

jpin321

Reaction score
I personally would like to see the alert system added. But that's just my opinion.

So using pie. It's causing an interference with items at the bottom of my screen. Like the entire row with my space bar on my keyboard. Doesn't register button clicks. Same with other apps with buttons at the bottom.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I personally would like to see the alert system added. But that's just my opinion.

So using pie. It's causing an interference with items at the bottom of my screen. Like the entire row with my space bar on my keyboard. Doesn't register button clicks. Same with other apps with buttons at the bottom.

Make the trigger size smaller to resolve the pie issue