Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

nosman614

Reaction score
what exactly is the WiFi issue that I've been hearing all about. I'm on the 12-31 nightly build and have been hesitant to flash anything else for fear of this apparently bad WiFi bug. Some enlightenment would be great.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have read through that link before. I was trying something at the kernel level to see if I could find a solution but it was a dead end. I have discovered a 'work around' that does fix it but has to be done every time WiFi is toggled. It seems related to the sleep policy not being saved or reinstated every time WiFi is toggled on and off. What you need to do is change the sleep policy to something different, reboot, change it back, and reboot again and WiFi will stay on during deep sleep.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DMillerZX

Reaction score
I have read through that link before. I was trying something at the kernel level to see if I could find a solution but it was a dead end. I have discovered a 'work around' that does fix it but has to be done every time WiFi is toggled. It seems related to the sleep policy not being saved or reinstated every time WiFi is toggled on and off. What you need to do is change the sleep policy to something different, reboot, change it back, and reboot again and WiFi will stay on during deep sleep.

@Buck I'm going to give this a try now ;) Were you too seeing this?? I'm having it happen on all 4.2 rom on many difference access points.

Edit: By sleep policy you mean Keep WiFi On Durring Sleep option?

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@Buck I'm going to give this a try now ;) Were you too seeing this?? I'm having it happen on all 4.2 rom on many difference access points.

Edit: By sleep policy you mean Keep WiFi On Durring Sleep option?

Correct. Under advanced after tapping on WiFi to see access points.

DMillerZX

Reaction score
Buck thanks! It's still too soon to call but I haven't seen a disconnect/reconnect during sleep as I was seeing before. I was logging them with Smart Wifi (the reconnect are the wifi fixer app repairing the connection).

So you're saying if Wifi toggles I'll have to reimplement the fix you stated?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Buck thanks! It's still too soon to call but I haven't seen a disconnect/reconnect during sleep as I was seeing before. I was logging them with Smart Wifi (the reconnect are the wifi fixer app repairing the connection).

Yes if you turn it off and back on you'll have to do it again

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Sent you a couple pms

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes it has happened to me again, clean install. I just changed the setting and rebooted like you told me to do before and that worked.

Another pm sent

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I see you posted my work around on one of the Google bug pages. You spelled my name with a 'v' instead of a 'b' haha. Hope something comes of it

kluss0

Reaction score
I want to start out by saying that I absolutely love P.E. I ran it on my OG exclusively, and I've been running it on my GNex since you guys started back up. It is by far the smoothest, fasted, most stable ROM out there. Thanks for all of the work that goes into this.

I've been running the 11/15/2012 build as my daily driver, and just flashed the 1/18 build. One thing that I noticed was that wifi reception dropped considerably. Prior to flashing, I had full signal, but after flashing, I have one line, sometimes barely two (this is sitting in the same spot on the couch). I also noticed that my signal indicators, both wifi and cell go grey fairly often. During the restore of my apps, wifi quit all together, the phone rebooted, and I needed to restore everything by hand. Not really that big of a deal.

I'm still not sure I like some of the 4.2 changes. The pinch-to-zoom camera isn't my favorite. I like the zoom bar (or better, volume rocker zoom). But I don't generally use the stock camera, so I'm not too disappointed in it.

The system is incredibly responsive. The graphics are smooth and quick, and the build over all seems rock solid. I don't see myself going to any other ROM.

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
This might sound stupid but maybe I am missing something. Its related to text messaging, is there anyway to turn off the going back to the last conversation. So for example:
Say I am talking to person A and when I am finished with a text, I hit the home button and await for more people to text. Then say person B texts me, when I press the messaging icon or even pull down the notification window, I am back into person A conversation, so I have to hit the go back button and then select person B. Is there anyway to fix this or is this just part of android messaging system? Its really not been a problem really but sometimes I send the wrong text to different people and its getting annoying. Ideas anyone?

jpin321

Reaction score
This might sound stupid but maybe I am missing something. Its related to text messaging, is there anyway to turn off the going back to the last conversation. So for example:
Say I am talking to person A and when I am finished with a text, I hit the home button and await for more people to text. Then say person B texts me, when I press the messaging icon or even pull down the notification window, I am back into person A conversation, so I have to hit the go back button and then select person B. Is there anyway to fix this or is this just part of android messaging system? Its really not been a problem really but sometimes I send the wrong text to different people and its getting annoying. Ideas anyone?

I've not had this issue. If I click on a notification of a message it will take me to that thread, unless multiple notifications are stacked. Now when I click the messaging app shortcut it does take me the the last thread I was in.

jk8

Reaction score
anything new or interesting in the new build or just tweaks to the perfection?