Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by guidot, Dec 22, 2011.

1. TheShamrock7

TheShamrock7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you flashed dirty. That could be the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. someloser

someloser New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heres a crazy stupid question but was the version you flashed (dirty) over the top of a 4.1.2 rom by chance? Or was it one of the versions that buckmarble referred to as broken/un-official? And heres a just waaay out of this galaxy, crazy, jaw dropping question... did you perhaps think about wiping data/system/cache/dalvik (clean, proper install) before posting a bug report? Just curious.. :D

3. oDECREEx

oDECREEx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Over the 4.2.1 rom. The latest (before 4.2). And dirty flash? Even though I wiped cache?

4. oDECREEx

oDECREEx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I DONT WANNA DELETE EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN... :( I just got everything back like last week... But I guess since this is a different version of android. I would need a clean install huh. :/ alright. Brb.

5. stephenahicks

stephenahicks Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. ma5t3rw1tt

ma5t3rw1tt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe the calendar issue has something to do with the missing December month I read about, so maybe the 4.2.1 google released fixes the problem?

7. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any links to some pe wallpapers?

8. JDROIDS

JDROIDS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel bad for the Developers now. It seems as though in the last year or so there have been a ton of new android users who just refuse to wipe their phone and dirty flash everything. This is not a knock on anyone just an observation and hopefully a helpful post.

Since the original droid I have wiped everything always.

If you expect your phone to run as smooth as possible (you would think that would be the goal since we are all rooting and installing custom ROMS) you must wipe. Especially going from one OS to another...it is crazy to think you can flash a different version of an OS over another without wiping.

I think the issue is the new users need a tutorial on how to reinstall everything the way they like it quickly. It should take no more than 10 mins to wipe all, flash new ROM & be all set up and ready to go if you know what you are doing.

Good luck to all.

9. oDECREEx

oDECREEx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't really realize I was moving android versions is all. I didn't refuse to wipe. I just didn't realize. Once they told me I had to clean install, no hesitations.. Wipe and install and blam.. Here I am. Working great.

10. jk8

jk8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not entirely sure. The nandroid backup took much much longer than usual and I'm not even sure it backed up my files. I have a feeling that this is because they can't be found because of this "O" directory. I haven't tried restoring with the file yet because I'm scared to see what would happen.

11. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cwm always takes a long time. If you didn't receive errors it probably worked. I would recommend giving twrp a try I finally made the switch and love it. You can install it by downloading the goo manager app from the market. Launch the app press the three dots in the upper right, then press "install open recovery script". Then reboot into recovery and try your backup again. Post back with any errors.

12. kjcword

kjcword Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. I always wipe when flashing. Habit I received from the og droid. I found just a few problems with the 4.2 build, but I'm guessing it's mostly aosp that's at fault. I also gotta have my nav bar buttons and theme manager. Lol. I did love the new camera and the new notification tabs. But, I couldn't get Amazon to install along with a few others. I think 4.2 is gonna be great, but I had to come back to the 11/13 build. Thank you PE team for all you do.

Search tags for this page
elite kernel nexus 7
elite rom toro

project elite

project elite galaxy nexus

project elite galaxy nexus rom
project elite maguro
project elite toro
toro gnex 4.3
welcome to the project elite gnex section!
xda developers motorola droid project elite