Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

jpin321

Reaction score
Anyone have any links to some pe wallpapers?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JDROIDS

Reaction score
I feel bad for the Developers now. It seems as though in the last year or so there have been a ton of new android users who just refuse to wipe their phone and dirty flash everything. This is not a knock on anyone just an observation and hopefully a helpful post.

Since the original droid I have wiped everything always.

If you expect your phone to run as smooth as possible (you would think that would be the goal since we are all rooting and installing custom ROMS) you must wipe. Especially going from one OS to another...it is crazy to think you can flash a different version of an OS over another without wiping.

I think the issue is the new users need a tutorial on how to reinstall everything the way they like it quickly. It should take no more than 10 mins to wipe all, flash new ROM & be all set up and ready to go if you know what you are doing.

Good luck to all.

oDECREEx

Reaction score
JDROIDS said:
I feel bad for the Developers now. It seems as though in the last year or so there have been a ton of new android users who just refuse to wipe their phone and dirty flash everything. This is not a knock on anyone just an observation and hopefully a helpful post.

Since the original droid I have wiped everything always.

If you expect your phone to run as smooth as possible (you would think that would be the goal since we are all rooting and installing custom ROMS) you must wipe. Especially going from one OS to another...it is crazy to think you can flash a different version of an OS over another without wiping.

I think the issue is the new users need a tutorial on how to reinstall everything the way they like it quickly. It should take no more than 10 mins to wipe all, flash new ROM & be all set up and ready to go if you know what you are doing.

Good luck to all.

I didn't really realize I was moving android versions is all. I didn't refuse to wipe. I just didn't realize. Once they told me I had to clean install, no hesitations.. Wipe and install and blam.. Here I am. Working great.

jk8

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure. The nandroid backup took much much longer than usual and I'm not even sure it backed up my files. I have a feeling that this is because they can't be found because of this "O" directory. I haven't tried restoring with the file yet because I'm scared to see what would happen.

Maybe I didn't understand the issue. Are you having trouble making or restoring backups, and/or is the os having trouble finding files?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

jpin321

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure. The nandroid backup took much much longer than usual and I'm not even sure it backed up my files. I have a feeling that this is because they can't be found because of this "O" directory. I haven't tried restoring with the file yet because I'm scared to see what would happen.

Cwm always takes a long time. If you didn't receive errors it probably worked. I would recommend giving twrp a try I finally made the switch and love it. You can install it by downloading the goo manager app from the market. Launch the app press the three dots in the upper right, then press "install open recovery script". Then reboot into recovery and try your backup again. Post back with any errors.

kjcword

Reaction score
Ok. I always wipe when flashing. Habit I received from the og droid. I found just a few problems with the 4.2 build, but I'm guessing it's mostly aosp that's at fault. I also gotta have my nav bar buttons and theme manager. Lol. I did love the new camera and the new notification tabs. But, I couldn't get Amazon to install along with a few others. I think 4.2 is gonna be great, but I had to come back to the 11/13 build. Thank you PE team for all you do.

jk8

Reaction score
Cwm always takes a long time. If you didn't receive errors it probably worked. I would recommend giving twrp a try I finally made the switch and love it. You can install it by downloading the goo manager app from the market. Launch the app press the three dots in the upper right, then press "install open recovery script". Then reboot into recovery and try your backup again. Post back with any errors.

Thanks. I've been thinking about doing that for a while but figured it would be a pain. It wasn't. Seemed to back up perfectly.

jpin321

Reaction score
What are these issues you guys are getting so I can be on the look out for?

So far only looks like the calendar isn't syncing, and the Swype functionality doesn't work on the stock keyboard. Other than that it seems to run perfectly.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
So far so good, not really noticing the Calender Issue since I'm a bum and don't really do anything, and the Keyboard is no biggie since I use Swiftkey. lol Will report back later today on battery life and anything else I manage to break!

Also If anyone is interested I found a pretty nifty Themed 4.2 SMS though. ;) CLICKLY LINK

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
So far only looks like the calendar isn't syncing, and the Swype functionality doesn't work on the stock keyboard. Other than that it seems to run perfectly.

-----------
Well I don't care for the syncing of Calendar as its not really important to me, I my notes manual way. And swype ticked me off cause it loads slow, be using Swiftkey new swype features once they get that updated. So glad to hear everything else working, but not had time to really do anything with my phone.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There's a new build up. A few things added. Fixed 180 degree rotation and you can order the quick settings by clicking them in the order that you want them in.

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
There's a new build up. A few things added. Fixed 180 degree rotation and you can order the quick settings by clicking them in the order that you want them in.

---
Good to hear, think I am going to update now. Here goes :)

jpin321

Reaction score
I'm guessing the last build doesn't include big fixes? My calendar still isn't working if it does.