Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

JDROIDS

Reaction score
Awesome work as usual guys. One thing. The calendar wont sync for me. I tried flashing other gapps too...no good. Otherwise this Rom is great.

jk8

Reaction score
Same here with the calendar. Also, did a nandroid backup after installing and it took forever to run. I looked at the screen at one point and there was a notification about not being able to find something regarding the sd card (sd.exe?). It might be the case that this was caused by my (stupidly) installing the 4.2 ROM you initially had at the site. Since then, most of my files are in a directory called "O", not directly on "sdcard". Is that supposed to be the case with 4.2 and its multiuser interface?

jpin321

Reaction score
Same here with the calendar. Also, did a nandroid backup after installing and it took forever to run. I looked at the screen at one point and there was a notification about not being able to find something regarding the sd card (sd.exe?). It might be the case that this was caused by my (stupidly) installing the 4.2 ROM you initially had at the site. Since then, most of my files are in a directory called "O", not directly on "sdcard". Is that supposed to be the case with 4.2 and its multiuser interface?

Make sure you have the latest version of cwm or twrp recovery. That should fix your issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jpin321

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with every 4.2 rom including this one where my screen randomly turns on then after a few seconds it goes back off. This has to be 4.2 aosp related but I don't know how to correct it.

jk8

Reaction score
Strangely, I do have the most recent version of cwm (6.0.1.5). I think my real problem is that even though I've been doing this since the original Droid, I know enough to cause trouble but not enough to get myself out of it. I even wiped everything before installing 4.2 but that didn't help.

Make sure you have the latest version of cwm or twrp recovery. That should fix your issue.

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
YAY 4.2 is out, think I'll give it a go. Should I be able to flash over what I have now without a wipe or anything?

jpin321

Reaction score
Strangely, I do have the most recent version of cwm (6.0.1.5). I think my real problem is that even though I've been doing this since the original Droid, I know enough to cause trouble but not enough to get myself out of it. I even wiped everything before installing 4.2 but that didn't help.

Maybe I didn't understand the issue. Are you having trouble making or restoring backups, and/or is the os having trouble finding files?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

oDECREEx

Reaction score
buckmarble said:
Alright fellas. Here we go. First beta build. http://www.projectelite.net/actngrezy/jb-mr1/toro/elite_toro-11-27-12-squished.zip

Known issues:
KB gesture typing gets the trail but no word enters. We are working on this. Seems to be a dictionary issue from aosp.

We have decided to go the route of selectable quick settings rather than power widgets. Just an FYI.

Let us know what you guys think!

Everything is running amazing, except for 2 things so far. I flashed this morning over the latest PE version and wiped cache and dalvik and the things I've noticed are Fc when trying to access alarms through the analog clock and every once in a while, while connected to blue tooth. My phone locks up. Black screen, still on and the screen will not come back on. Have to do battery pull. Also occasionally it disables blue tooth and then enables it. While listening to music in my car :( but other that that, it's great! Good work! Actually. It just locked up randomly. About 5 min ago without bluetooth

Last edited:

TheShamrock7

Reaction score
Everything is running amazing, except for 2 things so far. I flashed this morning over the latest PE version and wiped cache and dalvik and the things I've noticed are Fc when trying to access alarms through the analog clock and every once in a while, while connected to blue tooth. My phone locks up. Black screen, still on and the screen will not come back on. Have to do battery pull. Also occasionally it disables blue tooth and then enables it. While listening to music in my car :( but other that that, it's great! Good work! Actually. It just locked up randomly. About 5 min ago without bluetooth

Sounds like you flashed dirty. That could be the problem.

someloser

Reaction score

Heres a crazy stupid question but was the version you flashed (dirty) over the top of a 4.1.2 rom by chance? Or was it one of the versions that buckmarble referred to as broken/un-official? And heres a just waaay out of this galaxy, crazy, jaw dropping question... did you perhaps think about wiping data/system/cache/dalvik (clean, proper install) before posting a bug report? Just curious.. :D

oDECREEx

Reaction score
Over the 4.2.1 rom. The latest (before 4.2). And dirty flash? Even though I wiped cache?

oDECREEx

Reaction score
someloser said:
Heres a crazy stupid question but was the version you flashed (dirty) over the top of a 4.1.2 rom by chance? Or was it one of the versions that buckmarble referred to as broken/un-official? And heres a just waaay out of this galaxy, crazy, jaw dropping question... did you perhaps think about wiping data/system/cache/dalvik (clean, proper install) before posting a bug report? Just curious.. :D

I DONT WANNA DELETE EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN... :( I just got everything back like last week... But I guess since this is a different version of android. I would need a clean install huh. :/ alright. Brb.

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
Maybe the calendar issue has something to do with the missing December month I read about, so maybe the 4.2.1 google released fixes the problem?