Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
NicoleNXD said:
Auto brightness doesn't seem to be working on the 10-5 build.

Did you wipe? Also try toggling it. Its working for me. Also which recovery are you using?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Yes I wiped. I always do clean installs even for small updates. I tried toggling and still the same. I noticed it while outside and checked my phone and couldn't see anything. I turn brightness all the way up and then check the auto brightness and it doesn't change. I had this same thing happen with a few other ROMs I tried awhile back. Also I am using cwm recovery. Couldn't bring myself to switch to twrp as I have read that people have had several problems with it. I used cwm on my d1 and never had a problem and still haven't.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
NicoleNXD said:
Yes I wiped. I always do clean installs even for small updates. I tried toggling and still the same. I noticed it while outside and checked my phone and couldn't see anything. I turn brightness all the way up and then check the auto brightness and it doesn't change. I had this same thing happen with a few other ROMs I tried awhile back. Also I am using cwm recovery. Couldn't bring myself to switch to twrp as I have read that people have had several problems with it. I used cwm on my d1 and never had a problem and still haven't.

I've had zero probs with twrp 2.2.2. Greg couldn't flash anything for a long time because of cwm. Cwm has a lot of issues with it. I would suggest switching. I haven't heard any one else having same issues on 10-5. If anyone else is please speak up.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
OK guess I will give it a try. Do you have a link so I can download?

Edit: Found it and got it installed. Just noticed a new build on Greg's server. Will do a clean install of the new build using twrp in a bit. Thanks for your help and thanks to all that are working on the ROM =)

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
NicoleNXD said:
OK guess I will give it a try. Do you have a link so I can download?

Edit: Found it and got it installed. Just noticed a new build on Greg's server. Will do a clean install of the new build using twrp in a bit. Thanks for your help and thanks to all that are working on the ROM =)

10-7 build has broken stuff in it. Don't flash it. I removed it from the server.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Glad I checked here before I flashed. Thanks for the heads up =)

Edit: I installed 10/5 again clean install. I got auto brightness to work. I rebooted a few times, toggled it on and off and wiped cache and dalvik and it seems to be working. =)

Last edited:

kjcword

Reaction score
I've had zero probs with twrp 2.2.2. Greg couldn't flash anything for a long time because of cwm. Cwm has a lot of issues with it. I would suggest switching. I haven't heard any one else having same issues on 10-5. If anyone else is please speak up.

I never really use auto brightness, but it seems to work for me. I use Cwm. Also on 10-5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well we fixed everything we broke. New build up on server
-new kernel by corcor67
-kernel color/gama control(credit CM)
-kernel has OC slot at 1350
-some other various fixes

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is my first go at a kernel. It is built from the same source as the one included in the last build. The differences are I changed the min slot to 300 from 350 and increased the OC slot from 1350 to 1420. I also tweaked all the default colors and lowered the contrast. Let me know what you think if you are brave enough to try it.

http://www.projectelite.net/actngrezy/jb/Buck/kernels/Buck_Gnex-300-1420.zip