Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I'm going today to get a Nexus. I need to know if i need to unroot my OG so they can transfer numbers or does it matter?

Shouldn't matter, as long as your Contacts are sync'd with your Gmail you shouldn't need to worry. You don't need them to transfer numbers in store. lol

Also you can goto Contacts > Settings > Backup and it'll save them to your SD card, which you can restore on your new phone.

EMadGen

Reaction score
I was thinking it was sync'ed with the gmail and market. I should have added my wife is going to use my OG when i upgrade. Can i switch her from the eris to the OG here or is that an in store thing. which i would still have to unroot.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I was thinking it was sync'ed with the gmail and market. I should have added my wife is going to use my OG when i upgrade. Can i switch her from the eris to the OG here or is that an in store thing. which i would still have to unroot.

If you goto accounts, and select your Gmail, it'll show what's sync (Contacts, Market, Calender, Etc)

You should be able to switch it over in house, Factory Reset or SBF and then dial *228 on your OG after you have activated your Nexus, then it should prompt you to enter the phone # for which to activate for your OG, type in your wife's # and then your good to go.

You might be best off just keeping it rooted, debloated, and have a light rom running to promote it to run longer/better.

EMadGen

Reaction score
absolutely, PE has been so smooth on here. I rooted her eris just to squeeze a little more life out of it.... but there is only so much you can do. Luckily the OG still runs better with PE than it did brand new. Thanks for the advice. I dont feel like listening to them fuss and complain because i rooted our phones, and i didnt want to take the time to unroot both phones and reroot the OG. Thank you again.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
absolutely, PE has been so smooth on here. I rooted her eris just to squeeze a little more life out of it.... but there is only so much you can do. Luckily the OG still runs better with PE than it did brand new. Thanks for the advice. I dont feel like listening to them fuss and complain because i rooted our phones, and i didnt want to take the time to unroot both phones and reroot the OG. Thank you again.

No problem :) Drop me a PM or post around the PE section if you need anything.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
greg sent me a test build last night... this gnex has the purr of a turbo'ed boxer engine while cornering w/ awd from app to app.

ent from my galaxy nexus

creaky

Reaction score
Nice! Looking forward to seeing this ROM on the Nexus.

sent from my rooted nexus

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Thanks to see all the support and people wanting to run P.E on their nexus. I just wanted to say that due to the fact there are a lot, I mean A LOT of roms from great developers out for the g-nex and with it still being early in development I would like to make sure p.e is running pretty decent before starting to put out builds. With ics things will be a bit different and I will probably be posting incremental builds in-between releases for everyone to use but these builds will not be supported heavily like a release build will be.

666ogre666

Reaction score
Thanks to see all the support and people wanting to run P.E on their nexus. I just wanted to say that due to the fact there are a lot, I mean A LOT of roms from great developers out for the g-nex and with it still being early in development I would like to make sure p.e is running pretty decent before starting to put out builds. With ics things will be a bit different and I will probably be posting incremental builds in-between releases for everyone to use but these builds will not be supported heavily like a release build will be.

Sounds awesome! Loved your builds on the og and look forward to your builds on the gnex! If you need any testing im always down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

any word on the progress if this rom?

I think this says it all.

There are many ROMs out right now so he wants his to be polished before release, which is understandable!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
i flashed greg's latest build and i'm blown away-- i'm actually upset because my undies were clean until he sent it.

if you liked the speed and stability of his builds on the droid, wear dark boxers and buy some baby powder <-- that should be in the change log.

sent from my galaxy nexus

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
i flashed greg's latest build and i'm blown away-- i'm actually upset because my undies were clean until he sent it.

if you liked the speed and stability of his builds on the droid, wear dark boxers and buy some baby powder <-- that should be in the change log.

sent from my galaxy nexus

Thanks for the visual! ;)