Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
This is why p.e never supported a lot of devices. If you are always trying to maintain devices and keep those up to date then its hard to keep the rom up to date. We have a plan to help us maintain devices and the rom . We will probably continue with gnex, nexus 7 and add vzw gs4 as well as possibly att n tmo.
As for the Google edition as much as buck and I would like to have a Google edition we both have decided due to service issues to stay with vzw so we will not be able to obtain the Google edition but the Google edition files will be able to help us. I travel so I need the vzw coverage. bucks getting his gs4 soon real soon ill have mine hopefully sooner then later.
------
Ahhh ok well that does make a lot of sense. I love Project Elite, its an awesome rom! I have not decided if I am going with the DEV version of the S4 or just going with the regular version from T-Mobile. Also, the more I think about it, if both happen to be sold out when the time comes of getting a phone, I'll grab the white Nexus 4. But either way though, you mentioned the Nexus 7 getting some love, at least all is not lost :)

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright so I got my s4 :) after going through all the current aosp build stuff and what goes into adding to our build there are alot of major changes that need to happen with the current way it's being built. Right now I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks and see if Google releases their device sources along with the dev edition. If they do it will be ALOT easier to add and will be more functional than current aosp builds. So hang in there guys. If they don't release sources we will incorporate current build set up. Stay tuned

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Little812

Reaction score
Alright so I got my s4 :) after going through all the current aosp build stuff and what goes into adding to our build there are alot of major changes that need to happen with the current way it's being built. Right now I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks and see if Google releases their device sources along with the dev edition. If they do it will be ALOT easier to add and will be more functional than current aosp builds. So hang in there guys. If they don't release sources we will incorporate current build set up. Stay tuned

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Couldn't hold it huh

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jpin321

Reaction score
Any chance you guys could implement the transparent status bar and nav keys on the home screen? I saw it recently on xenon hd.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jpin321

Reaction score
Anyone able to install the new gmail update?

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
How did you get it installed I'm getting errors, both from the market and from a sideload.

=======
I had the same trouble but Buckmarble helped me out (such an awesome guy).
This his exact words to me:
This is what you do. Flash that gapps package I posted back a page. Then after it boots rename the gmail2.apk to gmail2.apk.bak in system/app. Then reboot again then install from play store.

And here is that gapps package that is mentioned:
http://db.tt/UCHMHmSj

Hopefully that helps. That is exactly what I had done and it worked for me.

jpin321

Reaction score
Thank you sir, no idea how I missed bucks post. I love this thread, everyone is actually helpful. Thanks for the gapps buck.

jpin321

Reaction score
Didn't seem to work. All it did was give me blacked out apps.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

jk8

Reaction score
Didn't seem to work. All it did was give me blacked out apps.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

those gapps don't have the latest Gmail. just delete your current Gmail app using titanium and you'll be able to install the downloaded new Gmail regularly, no need to flash.

jpin321

Reaction score
those gapps don't have the latest Gmail. just delete your current Gmail app using titanium and you'll be able to install the downloaded new Gmail regularly, no need to flash.

Tried that and received an app incompatible error, on a side load. And some other signature mismatch error on the market. I'll try again. Thanks

jpin321

Reaction score
Nvm worked that time I'll stop complaining. Lol