1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Welcome to the Pantech Breakout Forum

Discussion in 'Pantech Breakout' started by danDroid, Sep 19, 2011.

1. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

We would like to welcome everyone to the latest section of DroidForums.net dedicated to the upcoming Pantech Breakout LTE android phone. For a low end device, the hardware specs are quite impressive. Anyone thinking about this phone?
  2. slowthunder

slowthunder New Member

I'd consider it, I am just afraid their will be lack of development on this phone. Hardly and roms, themes, for it would make me sad, if I got this phone.
  3. Rheum

Rheum New Member

Hello, I am wondering how one goes about changing the phone name (device name)
  4. willcaff

willcaff New Member

i have been tinkering with this phone and have found out how to enter fastboot mode.
  5. britbrat361

britbrat361 New Member

I have the new pantech breakout. Has anyone figured out how to delete the apps that verizon installed? The apps are draining my battery but I can't delete them.
  6. TubbyGrey

TubbyGrey New Member

Had this Breakout for only 3 weeks.. so don't know everything.. yet. From what I understand: to uninstall the apps that came with the phone you would have to root it to gain admin rights.. however, you can hide those pesky bloatware apps.. here's how: click the APPS button then click the Menu button (bottom left button) click Edit, a context menu appears letting you know how it can be done. The icons with a red X in the right upper corner are apps that can be uninstalled/deleted.. if it doesn't have the red X then you can Hide them: Long Press the icon and drag it to the Hide button.

Get rid of the live wallpaper to help save your battery.. scroll left or right to find a blank spot on your screen.. Long Press and a context menu appears.. press Wallpapers, press Wallpapers again.. select a static wallpaper rather than a live one.
  7. blazo

blazo New Member

You can root with zergRush and then use titanium backup to remove them.

Sent from my ADR8995 using DroidForums
  8. hpines9941

hpines9941 New Member

Rooting and unrooting the Breakout

I am a nube at this stuff and am trying to learn how things are done. I want to remove a bunch of the apps that come with my Breakout so I can install apps that are useful to me. I understand that I have to use scripting to root my phone, but I do not know how to do this. Be gentle, use small words.

Thanx

9. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

I've searched and found 2 root methods that work for the Breakout. One is zergRush and SuperOneClick.

Link to instructions for SuperOneClick - Once you get your phone rooted, you'll need Titanium Backup. Grab it from the Android Market, use it to freeze unwanted apps.
  10. diegueins

diegueins New Member

Can I upgrade from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich on my Pantech Breakout?

I have succesfully rooted my phone with SuperOneClick. Now I'm wondering if there is any custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM around that I can flash to my Breakout?
  11. hpines9941

hpines9941 New Member

I tried to use SuperOneClick. It told me it was successful, but Titanium Backup gives me an error. I tried ver 2.2 and 2.3.3. 2.3.3 locks up. What am I doing wrong?
  12. hpines9941

hpines9941 New Member

I have tried to root my phone with SuperOneClick, unsuccessfully. Wonder what I am doing wrong. What mode should the usb port be in? PC data, Charge only, Windows Media sync, or usb mass storage?
  13. diegueins

diegueins New Member

I think you have to enable the debugging mode. In my phone you get there like this: Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging
  14. hpines9941

hpines9941 New Member

debugging mode is enabled, but SuperOneClick starts to run but stops part way thru and does not complete. I have tried restarting the computer and the phone. Can I clear the phone and try again? Any other suggestions?
  15. romanlopez01

romanlopez01 New Member

the issue is because we have a new version of verizon and cant unlock
  16. romanlopez01

romanlopez01 New Member

the zergrush exploit doesn't work with this new version
  17. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome Folks! :)
  18. amurphy

amurphy New Member

Thanks! Hope this will be helpful!
  19. amurphy

amurphy New Member

Having issues with my Gallery and being able to enlarge pictures sent to me through text. Very aggravating. The issue comes and goes, and I have had a hard reformat of the phone.
  20. megraven21

megraven21 New Member

My sister-in-law has the breakout and she is having issues and I would like to see if its a known issue before going to verizon tomorrow. (She isnt the kind of person to come to a forum and knows nothing about technology so I'm going with her)

She had her phone charging while she slept and it was still charging at noon. Over 12hrs and it wasnt fully charged. Also, her data connection is horrible. She wasn't able to connect to wifi for a long time. Now its working but when away from wifi she can't get on the internet, market, nothing. She can receive calls and texts but thats it. She took it to verizon once for this issue and whatever they did to it made it worse.

Are these known issues for the breakout? I can't find much on here about this phone. Any info would be much appreciated.

~ MRaven

Sent from my Razr Maxx using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
adr8995 root
delete apps pantech breakout

how to delete apps on pantech breakout

how to remove apps from pantech breakout

how to uninstall apps on pantech breakout

one click root pantech breakout

pantech breakout bloatware
pantech breakout icons

pantech breakout problems