Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I have a bunch of framework errors. I have to go back to just a stock without tweaks for now.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

asianflavor

Reaction score
So....I didn't get a flashable zip. I do have system.img, userdata.img, and ramdisk.img files. Last time I compiled a ROM, it created a flashable zip. How do I convert these files into a flashable zip?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
So....I didn't get a flashable zip. I do have system.img, userdata.img, and ramdisk.img files. Last time I compiled a ROM, it created a flashable zip. How do I convert these files into a flashable zip?

What are you using to build and compile? You can just make your own flashable if it is all compiled properly....

asianflavor

Reaction score
Use Ubuntu 10.04 to create the IMG. Do I just need to throw these IMGs into a signed zip with an update script? It did create a system folder also.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Use Ubuntu 10.04 to create the IMG. Do I just need to throw these IMGs into a signed zip with an update script? It did create a system folder also.

I just sent you a message on gtalk.... or we can jump in an IRC. I'm finally all rested and have a free day to put on this LOL

micrors4

Reaction score
Would it be possible to use CWM to restore the files on the phone because the backups contain the same files.

micrors4

Reaction score
I meant to flash the new ROM instead of trying to pack it in a zip file just to see if it would work, but hopefully you can get it packaged into a zip.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Sorry.. I thought I got enough sleep last night. Miller and I are now looking into other things. I may not have correctly built the IMGs from source. I am testing some things out now.

micrors4

Reaction score
I'm surprised it didn't give you any errors when you were building it though, but that is a bit odd.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Regardless of what is in the local repo, I basically just built an AOSP ROM with added parts. All the parts were there and fit with no problems. It's the flashing part that is scary.

And I did find away to bypass the activation screen. Push in order, Volume up, volume down, back key, menu at the language screen.

micrors4

Reaction score
Have you.figured out.how to package the ROM in a zip yet? And that sounds like a cheat code to a videogame to skip the activation, but knowing Google that's probably where the idea came from

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Nooooo was miller able to figure out what was wrong or get anything working?

ROM is uploading now..... Starting with a Stock, debloated, ICS rooted for now..... Then I (we) will merge or port something over to get JB working in the coming weeks..... But this will be a good base you guys can play with and get some tweaks ported into.....