Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

TrdLtly

Reaction score
Battery life is terrible now, can barely get through a day when I use to be able to get through two on IC, don't really make calls often, but so far drops have not been an issue. Probably going back to IC because the battery life is just utter sh*t.

I don't spend much time on my phone so my battery life is usually about 70% at the end of the day. Wifi is on all day. You might try running "Clean Master" and make sure "Autokill" is on.

Viper89

Reaction score
I was on Facebook and came across an LG Spectrum 2 page that was using the original LG Spectrum as the profile and cover photo pics, and had no useful info about this phone SMH! Long story short giving are amazing phone a bad rep. So I made new one with a link to the LG Spectrum 2 main section of this site. This site to date is the most helpful for are phones and I wanted to get the word out. So if you guys use Facebook and can take the time to like the page that would be great. Page:https://www.facebook.com/LgSpectrum2?fref=ts

ozozznozzy

Reaction score
I have a soft bricked phone (at least I think it is soft bricked). So after trying to figure out ROMs for my Spectrum 2 (first time), I somehow no longer have root, or any access to my mobile network, or even to wifi, but anything android still works. What happened is I had downloaded and installed the CWM given toward the beginning of this thread, and after hitting the 2nd-intl button, I restarted my phone. Upon restart, everything was gone, and the restart in recovery option did nothing through the CWM given. So now my phone is useless, except for my non web based apps (AKA useless). Any ideas as to what went wrong or what I could do to fix it? I would gladly appreciate a walk through to unbrick the phone (if that is even possible at this point).

Thanks!

Brennan

mordant80

Reaction score
I have a soft bricked phone (at least I think it is soft bricked). So after trying to figure out ROMs for my Spectrum 2 (first time), I somehow no longer have root, or any access to my mobile network, or even to wifi, but anything android still works. What happened is I had downloaded and installed the CWM given toward the beginning of this thread, and after hitting the 2nd-intl button, I restarted my phone. Upon restart, everything was gone, and the restart in recovery option did nothing through the CWM given. So now my phone is useless, except for my non web based apps (AKA useless). Any ideas as to what went wrong or what I could do to fix it? I would gladly appreciate a walk through to unbrick the phone (if that is even possible at this point).

Thanks!

Brennan

you MUST use the new cwm for jelly bean here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=243091

also there are NO working roms for the spectrum 2, just root using the new motochopper root method (the old method you for ics you probably used will NOT work for jb) and recovery. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=243052

you will have to use the lg recovery tool to restore to stock to unbrick. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36201-so-bricked/page__st__10#entry1043166

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bozolini

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's hard work trying to get the boot loader to "spread its legs".

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The bootloader has been deemed unbreakable..... Many of the new devices from vzw will be this way. The one, s4,and note 3 are ones that will also most likely never be cracked... After all the controversy when the note 2 got cracked vzw has had a bad grudge against the dev community (even worst than normal) the and has made it their big goal to lock down all these devices.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
the spectrum 2 has had the bootloader bypassed I have a custom rom on mine at the moment

Bypassed not unlocked... It uses the same method some of the motos used to use. It's actually the bypassed that was first introduced on the Korean version.

Note Uno Uno via Tapatalk Fo

kazim

Reaction score
This phone is awesome. I really love it. I live in Karachi (Pakistan) and bought this phone because it was fully unlocked and better then Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD specially LG IPS True HD display. The battery life is also good. Now I am facing update problem on Wifi after upgrading its firmware version (VS93022A) from computer.

Turbone

Reaction score
Just picked up this phone today (to replace my HTC Incredible) at a verizon store. Got a $100 rebate so it only cost me $30.
I wasnt even planning on getting a new phone, I went in to help my sis out by giving her one of my old phones and we needed to swap numbers etc.
So I didnt get to even to do any research of this unit, which isnt the norm for me. What should I know about this phone?
I read the specs and stuff on the first page here and it sounds like a great phone. I went out
after getting it and took some pics and vids and I'm pretty impressed with what it can do so far.

Turbone

Reaction score
Verizon is still selling their remaining stock and with a $100 rebate its free if you buy from a verizon store with a 2yr contract.
My wife got the LG G2 and it costs $200 with a new 2yr contract.

So far I'm liking the phone. Dont care for all the bloatware, but in about a year I"ll root the phone and get rid of most of it.
Battery life is so so, but I keep a charger in my car so its not a big issue.