Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
Is your phone rooted?

If it is use Wifi Tether for root users in the play store.

Use Generic ICS/JB (wlan0) as device profile
setup method- Auto
and routing fix checked

Phones not rooted. Brand new to Verizon and android. In ex iphone4s jailbroken, unlocked, modified but this vs 930 is stock still.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Phones not rooted. Brand new to Verizon and android. In ex iphone4s jailbroken, unlocked, modified but this vs 930 is stock still.

If you feel comfortable rooting that would take care of that for you. Also get rid of some of the crap you don't need.

Spectrum 2 Forum? - LG Spectrum - RootzWiki This will help you out.

Reaction score
I did see that forum but the latest posts indicate problems with rooting this device still.

Not really problems. You just got to be careful what you get rid of. Basically anything Google has to stay. But the list on there is pretty accurate. I been rooted for two months now. Its def worth it. once the bootloader is unlocked that wont be a problem anymore.. God I cant wait

JimiMack

Reaction score
I did see that forum but the latest posts indicate problems with rooting this device still.

No problem with rooting. You can root which will allow you to do more and not delete a single app. Follow the instruction on the site I have shown below and follow the guide on what you can delete and what you can not and you will not have an issue.

Spectrum 2 Forum? - LG Spectrum - RootzWiki

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
No problem with rooting. You can root which will allow you to do more and not delete a single app. Follow the instruction on the site I have shown below and follow the guide on what you can delete and what you can not and you will not have an issue.

What does rooting gain me exactly ?
Custom wallpapers and ringtones, icons etc? Also that root is for the original vs 920 not the 930? I read the entire thread and reports of success apparently are exaggerated are you using a rooted vs 930 with that method?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Sorry guys been a way and very busy lately.... My buddy ended up bricking his Spec 2 in the process of trying to break the bootloader...... He is working on getting it fixed through LG and they seem to be pretty open to helping him.. He was completely honest with them in what he was doing.. The tech he spoke with seemed to pretty much agree with all of you guys in not understanding why VZW was so anal about locking this phone down..... But as soon as he can get his phone in working order again work should presume......

As far as the Mobile tethering on VZW it is FEDERAL law that they CAN NOT charge for tethering as long as you are NOT on an unlimited data package... So if you are on a shared or tiered plan that isn't unlimited they can not legally charge you to use the Mobile Hotspot feature of the phone... If they did try that I would report it to their corporate office and also alert the FCC (as I believe it was them who passed this against VZW)

JimiMack

Reaction score
What does rooting gain me exactly ?
Custom wallpapers and ringtones, icons etc? Also that root is for the original vs 920 not the 930? I read the entire thread and reports of success apparently are exaggerated are you using a rooted vs 930 with that method?

Just follow the post by xXxGeek on Post #2, he updates it regularly, he just updated it again this evening. It clearly states it is only for the VS930 Spectrum 2. The links explain what rooting gives you in his #4 link. I have had one of these since the beginning of the year and the only time I bricked my phone is when I got daring and tried to do things outside the guide lines and remove apps that should not be removed. He helped me learn at that time on the do's and don'ts. It was a fun learning experience. :)

micrors4

Reaction score
I rooted my phone within an hour after getting it 3 months ago, I have had zero problems with the rooted phone and I have done it **** ton of times working with miller after every restore, just follow the instructions to the letter and I promise it will work perfectly, if it doesn't, you ****ed up somewhere, you can't brick it either so it shouldn't be a worry. Rooting the phone allows you to use some apps that require more privileges like overclocking or removing adds, android phones aren't locked down like apple, you can install custom themes and sideload apps even without root, basically all the same things you can do with a jailbroken icrap, rooting just allows you to take that one step further.

Reaction score
I got a Droid DNA from my work today.. Its pretty sweet. There are def differences in our Spec 2 but they are both very equal. Not on paper but in actual use.

micrors4

Reaction score
It seems like phones development is starting to get to a point where it is more about the spec sheet than anything else, there isn't the same speed jump from a dual core to quad core like there was going from single to dual, and the difference between 1080p displays and 720p is so little at this point because the screens are so small and already incredibly dense. The only thing they have left to develop is the camera and it seems the only company to do anything extraordinary is Nokia with the 808's camera, but even that right now is pointless because even if your phone could record 4K video you would still have nothing to play it on although 41mp images are pretty sweet with just a single click of a button.

agt7575

Reaction score
I have my Spectrum 2 rooted, and I am aware that there is no way to unlock the bootloader at this time, so my question is: How do I create a complete nandroid backup of my phone w/o being able to use CWM recovery or any other recovery type program like you would do if he phone's bootloader was unlocked? If there a way, or am I limited to just backing up my apps using Titanium Backup or similar program?

Thanks

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
I tried to root but failed I think. with the links to the rooting script gone and I had one dled, it said press enter to root phone and I did so..... said daemon not running....starting daemon... daemon successfully started then..... nothing happened. Tried several times. help! lol.

Never mind. Rooted now. Didn't switch to internet USB as guide was down and apparently back up this am: ) now I have titanium backup but what do I need to remove apps in accordance with the guide

JimiMack

Reaction score
I have my Spectrum 2 rooted, and I am aware that there is no way to unlock the bootloader at this time, so my question is: How do I create a complete nandroid backup of my phone w/o being able to use CWM recovery or any other recovery type program like you would do if he phone's bootloader was unlocked? If there a way, or am I limited to just backing up my apps using Titanium Backup or similar program?

Thanks

Go back to Post# 21 by AsianFlavor. He has a link to LTE2Recovery.Zip. This will allow you to make a nandroid, but remember if you have to do a full reset via the CAB file, you will need to root again first then install LTE2Recovery again and then you can flash the saved nandroid.

JimiMack

Reaction score
I tried to root but failed I think. with the links to the rooting script gone and I had one dled, it said press enter to root phone and I did so..... said daemon not running....starting daemon... daemon successfully started then..... nothing happened. Tried several times. help! lol.

Never mind. Rooted now. Didn't switch to internet USB as guide was down and apparently back up this am: ) now I have titanium backup but what do I need to remove apps in accordance with the guide

Follow XXXGeek guide in Post#2, it will explain and show what you can and can not do.