Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

Zrunky

Reaction score
I used Tether on my blackberry for years on an unlimited plan... 3, 4, 5 GB a month and never heard a word about it. Of course you know the FCC ruled last year that on VZ's newer plans they have to provide wifi hotspot for free on the 4G network, right? I use my hotspot all the time, don't pay a dime extra.

JimiMack

Reaction score
Quote from Android Central "LG traditionally isn't too good with software updates, but the L9 has received Jelly Bean now within six months of the device's launch." Maybe we can hope to see something during the summer.

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
Just a new android convert. Fresh from the evil apple empire and jailbroken and modded iphone4s. Other than how it fits in the hand I prefer this LG vs 930 already. But my question is does anyone have a "toolkit" type rooting script for those of us unfamliliar with rooting? Last thing I want to do is hamfistedly ruin my new phone! But I do long for customization and jellybean.....and a vshare type repo....anyone gotten this sort of gig going on this model yet?:hail:

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
I used Tether on my blackberry for years on an unlimited plan... 3, 4, 5 GB a month and never heard a word about it. Of course you know the FCC ruled last year that on VZ's newer plans they have to provide wifi hotspot for free on the 4G network, right? I use my hotspot all the time, don't pay a dime extra.

Interesting. I was told last week that unless I paid extra I wasnt allowed to use my phone as a hotspot. Not that I need to but still?

JimiMack

Reaction score
Just a new android convert. Fresh from the evil apple empire and jailbroken and modded iphone4s. Other than how it fits in the hand I prefer this LG vs 930 already. But my question is does anyone have a "toolkit" type rooting script for those of us unfamliliar with rooting? Last thing I want to do is hamfistedly ruin my new phone! But I do long for customization and jellybean.....and a vshare type repo....anyone gotten this sort of gig going on this model yet?:hail:

Here you go, check this out and it will bring up to date on what can be and cannot be done so far on this unit.

Spectrum 2 Forum? - LG Spectrum - RootzWiki

micrors4

Reaction score
The rooting is pretty straight forward and these phones are pretty idiot proof so don't worry about messing up when you are rooting it, there is less to worry about than jail breaking an iphone so you should be good.

Interesting. I was told last week that unless I paid extra I wasnt allowed to use my phone as a hotspot. Not that I need to but still?

You don't have to pay, its just a way to get more money out of you, I've sucked down 40GB in a month once using my phone as a mobile hotspot (rainy week while camping) and I never heard a word from Verizon, just shock from one of the workers when he saw how much data I had used that month.

Reaction score
Anyone else going through rom flashing withdraws? I love this phone but my rezound had a ton of options . :frown:

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
Sounds great but I just joined Verizon as of a week ago and they tried to charge me 10 bucks extra a month or said I couldn't tether so something's amiss.....

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

TrdLtly

Reaction score
It is my understanding that they don't care how you use the data, so they shouldn't care if you are tethering or not.... at least with the newer plans.

Reaction score
Sounds great but I just joined Verizon as of a week ago and they tried to charge me 10 bucks extra a month or said I couldn't tether so something's amiss.....

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Is your phone rooted?

If it is use Wifi Tether for root users in the play store.

Use Generic ICS/JB (wlan0) as device profile
setup method- Auto
and routing fix checked