Welcome to the HTC Droid DNA Forums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now that it's been pretty much confirmed that this 5" beast is headed to Verizon, we welcome everyone to the HTC Droid DNA Forums. Let the fun begin..enjoy!!

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've never been a big fan of HTC but HTC has hit it out of the park with this handset. They needed a a killer handset and this one definitely delivered the goods

hobby31

Reaction score
Now I'm stuck deciding between the note II or this one. The battery might be a big draw back for me but the DNA looks better. Decisions....

wvdroidman

Reaction score
My question is: They hit a grand slam at the time with the Thunderbolt. Which except for software issues still works flawlessly. But will they release updates for this 2 years from now unlike the thunderbolt which was released last March (2011) and it seems like they quit releasing updates for it already?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is: They hit a grand slam at the time with the Thunderbolt. Which except for software issues still works flawlessly. But will they release updates for this 2 years from now unlike the thunderbolt which was released last March (2011) and it seems like they quit releasing updates for it already?
Your phone is way past it's prime, in four months from now it will be 2 years old, that is eons in the tech industry, you seriously waiting for updates, keep waiting, the specs do not warrant any new updates like ICS on that device, since hardware wise it would just bog down, and then HTC will have more people complain, I say you are due for a new smartphone.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
No micro SD is "a BIG no no" and a small battery killed this phone already, what on GODS green earth is HTC thinking again, mistake after mistake, no wonder they are going down the tubes. It's like serving you a nice juicy steak that you can only look at. Otherwise the rest of the specs rock.

S

SEGA

No Memory Slot?

Don't know why they make phones with no memory slot anymore, 16gig (11 usable) will not get you far with today's apps+camera usage.

Though it said microSD slot, but it was microUSB.

There are allot of plus's+ for this phone like screen size, rez, ram, 2.1 FrontC, wireless charging, but the lack of memory will keep people away.

No gorilla glass I take it....

geoff5093

Reaction score
I can't wait for the DNA, so glad it's coming out next week, I was afraid it would be after the Note 2 in late December. The phone looks amazing, after testing out the Note 2 for a week (and the S3 and MAXX HD), I haven't found a replacement for my Thunderbolt that I actually like.

kparks

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
No micro SD is "a BIG no no" and a small battery killed this phone already, what on GODS green earth is HTC thinking again, mistake after mistake, no wonder they are going down the tubes. It's like serving you a nice juicy steak that you can only look at. Otherwise the rest of the specs rock.

My thoughts Exactly word for word I was waiting over 6 months for this phone and now I will not be getting it wth were they thinking!

cyborgoptic

Reaction score
I like the looks of this phone alot! 16 GB is more than enough for me. My only concern is the battery life...

uncleheff

Reaction score
I agree with the person that posted about the updates. I have the rezound and it took forever to get ice cream sandwich. I do not see my device getting jelly bean ever and this phone is only 1 year old.