Welcome to the Droid X2 Forum on DroidForums.net

yutzybrian

Reaction score
Picked up mine yesterday on my lunch break and just rooted it in less than 5 minutes. Gingerbreak is so easy dancedroid

lyndamarlena

Reaction score
ok so I am getting mine today but I am so not as technical as you most are but what is the purpose of rooting to gingerbreak, sorry I had the OG droid originally so really didnt do much with that phone...but can you help me out with the pros of it and how to do it...versus waiting for the gingerbread update...thank you

ATR

Reaction score
ok so I am getting mine today but I am so not as technical as you most are but what is the purpose of rooting to gingerbreak, sorry I had the OG droid originally so really didnt do much with that phone...but can you help me out with the pros of it and how to do it...versus waiting for the gingerbread update...thank you

Gingerbreak is the app you use to root the device. This gives you access to do pretty much anything you want. I used it on my DX2 already and it was flawless. The first thing I did then was get rid of all the bloatware(Verizon apps ect.).

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

lyndamarlena

Reaction score

Gingerbreak is the app you use to root the device. This gives you access to do pretty much anything you want. I used it on my DX2 already and it was flawless. The first thing I did then was get rid of all the bloatware(Verizon apps ect.).

great, do you or anyone have some easy step by step instructions that i can follow to do this, so i do not mess anything up...it would be greatly appreciated...and how are you liking your DX2? Mine should be here within the hour dancedroid

yutzybrian

Reaction score

great, do you or anyone have some easy step by step instructions that i can follow to do this, so i do not mess anything up...it would be greatly appreciated...and how are you liking your DX2? Mine should be here within the hour dancedroid

1) go to Settings->Applications and turn "Unknown Sources" on
2) Download gingerbreak from xda using computer (dont have the link itll be the first result from xda on google)
3) copy apk to phone and install
4) open gingerbreak and hit root
5) enjoy!

Posting from the X2

ATR

Reaction score

I followed the instructions on the website you download gingerbreak from and it was quite simple. The only thing I don't like is the physical UI buttons. I miss the silent touch screen buttons like the OG. Everything else is great.

lyndamarlena

Reaction score

1) go to Settings->Applications and turn "Unknown Sources" on
2) Download gingerbreak from xda using computer (dont have the link itll be the first result from xda on google)
3) copy apk to phone and install
4) open gingerbreak and hit root
5) enjoy!

Posting from the X2

thank you so much....trying it as we speak, just got my DX2 by fedex an hour ago, WOW what a difference from the OG Droid. Will let you know if it works *crosses fingers* thank you again....
one last question, so once rooted basically what can you do and not do?
and after it shuts off and comes back on after the root is that all i need to do, nothing else i need to click on? (some other people said about some other icon they had coming up, some USER thing?)

yutzybrian

Reaction score
I followed the instructions on the website you download gingerbreak from and it was quite simple. The only thing I don't like is the physical UI buttons. I miss the silent touch screen buttons like the OG. Everything else is great.

I was kinda torn at first about the buttons and still kinda am. On one hand I like having the physical buttons because I was constantly double clicking and accidentally hitting the touch buttons on the D1 but I did like the silence of them.

ATR

Reaction score

I was kinda torn at first about the buttons and still kinda am. On one hand I like having the physical buttons because I was constantly double clicking and accidentally hitting the touch buttons on the D1 but I did like the silence of them.

It is nice not accidentally hitting the buttons now.