Welcome to the Droid X2 Forum on DroidForums.net

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-x2.jpeg

Welcome to the newest area on DroidForums.net dedicated to the second generation Droid X aka Droid X2!

Anyone looking at picking this device up when it's released next week?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Im not looking to pick one up but its nice to see droidforums expanding! Im looking forward to the overall response this phone receives.

whiddles

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting this phone cause Im not sure if ill get 4G lte anytime soon. So I can save time and upgrade now. instead of waiting for the bionic these phones are bout the same now? difference is camara and LTE

grgguy

Reaction score
I will be at the Verizon store Thursday Morning to get mine .

myriad46

Reaction score
Any thoughts on battery life potential with the Tegra 2 and qHD screen?

Also, do we expect this to be rootable?

I'm sick of waiting for the Bionic and I think the LTE buzz will be tarnished a bit when VZW lets loose their tiered data plans in June. Something tells me $29.99 for unlimited is going out the window.

RUSirius

Reaction score
I will be picking this up on June 13th (2 year contract renewal is up for me on that date).

Getwired

Reaction score
Drool, drool, pant, pant...

Seriously considering ordering one tonight, as I can't seem to find a store that will have them tomorrow here in Northern VA. Manassas won't, and Dulles won't, and I can't drive all over the place. Guess I'll have on Friday courtesy of the FEDEX guy...maybe. Anybody know what retail cost will be?

Dual core = dancedroid HOT HOT dancedroid
qHD display = :icon_eek: relief :icon_eek: when reading those ginormous PDF's!

Are the exterior dimensions exactly the same? I hope so -- that would probably seal the deal for me ... recently got this nice Seidio case for the DX...

Getwired

Reaction score
The real question is, will I be able to root it before I have to charge it? :) Me thinks so... :icon_ devil:

Getwired

Reaction score
Okay I take that back ... No, rooting won't be a challenge.

Going back to Froyo. That'll be a challenge. PLUS, my DX LOVES Gingerbread. (And a deodexed framework with a nice sexy theme and stuff.)

Hmmm...maybe I will wait...I dunno.

Getwired

Reaction score
Retail Price...

...on verizonwireless.com store site for $449.99. Ordering NOW!

Hmmm...maybe I will wait...I dunno.

Okay, so I waited like almost 10 minutes. That's long enough. Guess I'm just a big kid.

Last edited:

Getwired

Reaction score
Sorry for the post-whoring. ;) I'm just excited.

My order is in; I'll have it before 3:00PM on Friday. SWEET! Too bad I have to hop on a plane @ 7:00PM on Friday, will have essentially no time to mess with it before-hand. In the bag it goes, and I'll have some fun messing with it on the trip.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Got mine today at BB for $199. Probably won't be getting 4G here until 2012 so this will be a great fill in until then. So much faster than my D1, especially on downloads. Things that used to take 3+ minutes now happen in seconds. I'm very pleased so far.