Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hey guys new to the site! I really want this phone to come out. My Ally is dying and I would like to have a keyboard phone still. Any thoughts?

Welcome to Droid Forums! Glad you joined us! :big smile:

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site! I really want this phone to come out. My Ally is dying and I would like to have a keyboard phone still. Any thoughts?

If you're in Podunkville, Anywhere get a D3. If you need LTE speeds you're SOL... No, I'm not quite that cynical - but almost.

Five seconds?!! That's waaay tooo long. This is a computer we're holding in our hand. It can do billions of operations in 5 seconds. And that kind of timed press means it's processor controlled. Could be overridden.

Btw, Welcome aboard!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

JCDenton771

Reaction score
If you're in Podunkville, Anywhere get a D3. If you need LTE speeds you're SOL... No, I'm not quite that cynical - but almost.

Five seconds?!! That's waaay tooo long. This is a computer we're holding in our hand. It can do billions of operations in 5 seconds. And that kind of timed press means it's processor controlled. Could be overridden.

Btw, Welcome aboard!

I have a feeling it will come out soon since it is already in the Verizon systems and the leaked pics show it pretty close to if not already completed. But you never know since the bionic and the nexus were/are delayed. If this phone isn't going to come out for a while I might just swing for a Rezound or a RAZR.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I was on androidforums trying to get some droid 4 talk going but all they they care about on that site is rooting it seems like

Well, glad you joined us. We talk about everything here! :biggrin:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Galaxy Nexus, if it doesn't have the 32gig in the US, this will be my phone more than likely.

The removable battery is non issue because you CAN still do "battery pulls" with a button combo after holding it for 10-15seconds(see RAZR). I suppose the only bad thing about it is no extended battery upgrade possible.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
Go ahead and throw me on the "I hate the non-removable battery" train. It's not the battery pull reset I'm worried about. Its paying an ungodly amount to have a battery replaced if it starts to drop in performance after the first year of use with another year to go before an upgrade.

This was a major gripe with the iPhone until people got good at replacing them themselves and offering their services to others at a much lower rate.

JCDenton771

Reaction score
My concern is when this is gonna come out. I'm starting to think more and more that it will not come out until next year. I'm also concerned about the price. $300 seriously?? That seems so incredibly expensive especially since they got rid of new every 2. Seems like the HTC rezound is a really good deal since you get the awesome phone and the awesome headphones.

jamesjones25

Reaction score
I think a 4.3 screen with the keyboard would be awesome, ain't gonna happen though. Nice to dream huh?

TC_Mits

Reaction score

The removable battery is non issue because you CAN still do "battery pulls" with a button combo after holding it for 10-15seconds(see RAZR). I suppose the only bad thing about it is no extended battery upgrade possible.

I have to disagree. I posted my view of long button holds below: your phone can load a website in a second or 2, so a whole lot of damage can happen in 5, let alone "10-15seconds"! I can thumb back the cover, flip and tap the batt out in a cupla secs, especially if it looks like a site could be trying to dl malware of some kind.
Many other reasons to hate hardwired batteries... 'nother post.

Last edited:

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I think a 4.3 screen with the keyboard would be awesome, ain't gonna happen though. Nice to dream huh?

Amen to that! But I dream big. I want a true 3" x 5" screen wth 1080p (x1800) resolution - that's about 5.8" diagonal. With a slide kbd that wide you could just about touch-type.
A phone like that, even with an extended battery, probly wouldn't be much bulkier in your pocket than the D4 will be - after you clip on the external battery you'll have to buy extra if you need to keep it going all day.

akhi216

Reaction score
droid4-1.jpg

Rumored Specs include:
  • 4″ screen (assuming Super AMOLED Advanced)
  • Full 5-row “illuminated” keyboard
  • RAZR styling
  • 4G LTE
  • Non-removable battery
  • Android 2.3.5
  • 1080p video recording (assuming 8MP)
  • Front camera
  • HDMI out
  • MotoACTV syncing

Anyone going to pass on the RAZR, Rezound and Galaxy Nexus for this Droid?

I sure am!

Physical keyboard lovers dream. :D

This!

I going to put this out there now but April would be a likely month for the release of the Droid 4. Just a guess but based on previous release trends it would seem very probable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I doubt that they're gonna wait that long to release it considering how far along it appears to be in the pics. Also, given the success of the Droid 3, which was the 4th hottest selling phone in Q3, behind only two phones that could be bought for free with a contract, and the iPhone 4, which was available on not one but two carriers, one of which who offered an iPhone Loyalty Program (AT&T)...

http://m.bgr.com/2011/11/14/aging-iphone-4-iphone-3gs-still-best-selling-phones-in-q3/

...there's no way they're gonna miss the Xmas season. Besides, the Droid 4 getting an official forum here, and popping up in systems suggests that it only weeks away (if not sooner).

Yup.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
My concern is when this is gonna come out. I'm starting to think more and more that it will not come out until next year.

The speculation I have read is that there is a very good chance it will be ready for xmas. But if not, it likely will wait a while and have even better specs, maybe quad-core 1.5 w/ICS at release.

Edit: Hmmm... I wonder what features they'll delete to make the D5. Or, if the D4 doesn't sell to expectations, would they go back to plain Lithium on the D5?

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
The speculation I have read is that there is a very good chance it will be ready for xmas. But if not, it likely will wait a while and have even better specs, maybe quad-core 1.5 w/ICS at release.

( By DX w/DF app. )

The only way that Droid 4 will have quad-core processor is if Verizon decides to scrap the version of the Droid 4 "that" (edit, was this) is currently in the making and start production on a new one.

Last edited:

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Agreed. So, D5 maybe (see my edit of last post.)

That means by xmas or after January and they would have to already made that choice. My bet says 2011.

( By DX w/DF app. )