Welcome to hell

OP
U

uncle steve

Reaction score
Sure I can be more specific. Try getting through a morning or an afternoon without needing to charge the thing. I work away from power sources often so I had to purchase a device called gomadic for around $50 so I can get through the day. I often pull my phone out to find "remove battery or move to a cooler place". I don't think it is too much to ask for a phone to be able to tolerate as much heat as I can.

The camera quit working and for some unknown reason it started working again. Was it removing the battery or pushing what appears to be buttons near the camera lens?

Then there is the "touch screen". How many times have I tried to make a call and had some kind of problem? Not opening the keypad so I can enter my password and get VM? How many times has it called somebody while in my pocket?

Ahh for the old Star Tac. I would even settle for the Ericson that lasted 6 months. At least it had the class to die.

GDP

Reaction score
Yeah, I have heard that the Ally is not the greatest phone on earth. You could have a faulty device though. Try doing a factory reset at some point and see if that fixes anything. Otherwise I would try taking it to a Verizon store and see if they can help you. They may swap it out for a new one if it's under warranty

I mean if your screen is truly doing things that out shouldn't. If it is more of just an inconvenience there isn't much they can do

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

kevozworld

Reaction score
Yes, we know this phone is garbage. Go on Ebay or Amazon and buy another type of phone, buy a better phone from Verizon at an unreasonably high "retail" price, or just keep the phone and make the most out of it.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

OP
U

uncle steve

Reaction score
Another year and I plan on setting this contraption on a target and seeing what a 223 Rem will do to make it better.

It is my fault. Next time I will do more research.