"Welcome Post"

Epic

Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Androidans! I'm new here and would like to learn more about Droids and to discuss their futures. I got my very first smartphone Christmas 2011 and I loved it, it was the Original Droid by Motorola, or how I like to call it "The One" I'm new at all this stuff, so I don't understand much about ROM's, Flashing, Rooting, etc. I currently don't have a phone since the Droid 3 I got in the mail yesterday has many functionality problems despite its cosmetic condition being very good. I will be returning it to the seller on eBay Monday the 4th. (I will be doing a post about the Droid 3 Problems I encountered soon)
I'm Also new at Forums so I don't have many tricks up my sleeve but of course I do know the common rule of respect for others opinions, but I'm here to have fun and learn and I'm sure that will not be an issue here. I have being reading other users post and threads for quiet a while now and the truth is I decided to join because I saw how nice everyone seemed to be and how helpful everyone is with one another!

I'm a full time student (Rather not say where) I'm 24 and I'm fluent in Spanish and English but Spanish being my mother tongue.

Thanks.:icon_ lala::p

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums. Glad to have you with us. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Vog46

Reaction score
Hi-
I am also new here. A little background may be helpful as I'm sure I may be asking some awfully stupid questions from time to time.
I have a Razr, and my wife just upgraded from a flip phone to a Razr Maxx.
We are both "older" Americans. We grew up during black and white TVs, antennas and the like.
Technology doesn't scare us, but it is intimidating.
By the same token we think we speak for many people when we say if you're looking for increased sales of these types of things - look to us and our generation.; Make instructions understandable to us and
don't assume we know something that may be simple to you, but not to us.
I had a lot of FUN setting up my phone and my wife who got hers just a couple of days ago is amazed at how many apps are out there and what they can do !!!
I will be turning to you fine folks for help as the online videos on Verizons website are good but don't go into a lot of details........
Is there an area on this forum for people like us? Perhaps an "Android for Dummy's" section?
I know the Razr is "a lot of phone" for an old rotary dialer like me but I had to start somewhere.

Best Regards, and thanks in advance
Vog

PS - being old to me means being polite as well, and I was taught very early on that letters were started with "Dear____" and ended with "Love" (for "family members") "Sincerely" for business or professional
people and "Regards or "Best Regards" for other correspondence.......I'm not good at abbreviated talk - like LOL, LMAO and the like...sorry

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
Hi Guys Thank you for all the warm welcomes! :in love:
I'm liking this already
@Vog46 Welcome as well :biggrin:
I feel the need to create a new post regarding my Droid 3 which came in 2 days ago. I have some issues with it that I would like to discuss along with some Videos I recorded with it that I would like to share with the community.
Thank you

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome both Epic and Vog!

Jump in & enjoy!!