Welcome and I have a question

brian.mitchell76

Reaction score
My name is Brian M, I am in the wonderful state of Wyoming. I have been using the Droid X for over a year, but the recent Gingerbread update screwed my music experience. My phone would reboot whenever I played music. I recently bought a Droid Bionic and now I am trying to figure out why all of the app data and music go on the 8GB internal Memory instead of the 16GB external card. My pictures save to the external card, but nothing else. If anyone has any thoughts on how to change that, that would be cool. I just don't know how to search the forum that well yet.

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
There had been much discussion on how the memory in our phones is named being the culprit. I would hope that due to the issues this had caused that motorola is working on the fix. Standby.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. We're glad to have you with us. Did you transfer the music by hooking up the phone to the computer? If so you can select which folder you send them to and you could send them to a folder on your sdcard. You can also download an app such as Astro File Manager and create a folder on you sdcard and move the music from your phone to the folder on the sdcard. Astro allows you to copy/move files from one folder to another. Its a great app. Also I am sure you will learn your way around the community here in no time

OP
B

brian.mitchell76

Reaction score
Yeah I did connect the computer and did move the files. I will check out that app. I ended up buying the lapdock. I know there are a lot of semi bad reviews but I like it. The only problem is the inability to have a case on the phone and connect it. :( Oh well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ive never had a case on mine and it is exposed to the elements everyday when i'm working. The Droid phones are tough phones. When you connect it to the computer is there a way to specify the location you want to send them?

OP
B

brian.mitchell76

Reaction score
Ive never had a case on mine and it is exposed to the elements everyday when i'm working. The Droid phones are tough phones. When you connect it to the computer is there a way to specify the location you want to send them?

On the Lapdock? I dont' think so but I don't know that much about it yet.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the USB cable to sync my phone to my computer. I dont use a lapdock but I hope those apps i said above can help you out. If not you may want to check out the link i have below. It also could be helpful.

Droid Bionic Forum