Weird tone, don't know what it is

lanza_david

Reaction score
So some time after the update to ICS, I decided to do factory reset because the phone was acting up. Now it seems to be better but there is a sound going off seemingly random, with no notification. It is like two quick bell tones, like C - F sort of? (for the ones who know music). It drives me crazy not knowing where it comes from. An app I installed? OS? Grrrrr... Does anyone have a clue?

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Browsed for this and found it. Yahoo mail notification sound was selected even though I had disabled the visual notification. They are separate. Uggghhh, at last.... Glad I was not the only one :p

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yep, I came here late but was going to suggest it was Yahoo. I discovered it when I added Yahoo to my phone so I could retrieve an email my wife received while on the road. Then suddenly I was getting the tone - to me it sounds like strumming the strings of a Harp, but that may be due to the speaker in my phone versus the one in yours.

Glad you got it worked out. :biggrin:

RazrZen

Reaction score
**/\/\ Open yahoo and go to accounts (3 bars in upper left) - scroll down past your folders at the bottom are the settings.