Weird tone, don't know what it is

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by lanza_david, Nov 13, 2012.

1. lanza_david

lanza_david New Member

So some time after the update to ICS, I decided to do factory reset because the phone was acting up. Now it seems to be better but there is a sound going off seemingly random, with no notification. It is like two quick bell tones, like C - F sort of? (for the ones who know music). It drives me crazy not knowing where it comes from. An app I installed? OS? Grrrrr... Does anyone have a clue?
  2. lanza_david

lanza_david New Member

Browsed for this and found it. Yahoo mail notification sound was selected even though I had disabled the visual notification. They are separate. Uggghhh, at last.... Glad I was not the only one :p
  3. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Yep, I came here late but was going to suggest it was Yahoo. I discovered it when I added Yahoo to my phone so I could retrieve an email my wife received while on the road. Then suddenly I was getting the tone - to me it sounds like strumming the strings of a Harp, but that may be due to the speaker in my phone versus the one in yours.

Glad you got it worked out. :biggrin:
  4. RazrZen

RazrZen New Member

**/\/\ Open yahoo and go to accounts (3 bars in upper left) - scroll down past your folders at the bottom are the settings.
Search tags for this page

dna random sound alert