Weird (tinted) line on pictures w/camera

jdroid80

Reaction score
One gripe I've had with the RAZR is the inconsistent pictures I get with the camera. If I'm outdoors with perfect lighting I can take some nice pictures. But if I'm indoors and my subject isn't standing still for 10 seconds my pictures come out blurry.

But this past weekend I took a picture at a birthday party which came out with a straight tinted line, with the top half darker than the bottom. It's happened to me once before with my Moto Droid.

Anyone know what's the deal?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
One gripe I've had with the RAZR is the inconsistent pictures I get with the camera. If I'm outdoors with perfect lighting I can take some nice pictures. But if I'm indoors and my subject isn't standing still for 10 seconds my pictures come out blurry.

But this past weekend I took a picture at a birthday party which came out with a straight tinted line, with the top half darker than the bottom. It's happened to me once before with my Moto Droid.

Anyone know what's the deal?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Not sure if what you're experiencing is a failure of the flash to sync properly with the shutter, but I did experience that with the D1 and D2. Where flash was used, I would sometimes get a part of the picture exposed with only the ambient light, but the rest of the picture would be brightly lit by the flash. It was most easily seen in low-light situations. In moderately good light where the flash is used by the camera to boost the F-stop perhaps by one or two stops, you might get the slightly different exposure on one part of the screen versus another (either the top or the bottom will be over/under exposed).