Weird Text Bug on D2

Droid998

Reaction score
Under messaging I have 3 text messages at the very bottom with the date of:12/31/1969. The messages are not addressed to any of my contacts but rather came from a test i did in the SMS pop-up app to test my configuration and a text message I received for my local forcast weather forecast I receive weekly and last one says online album. I can't delete any of them.My phone is not rooted. Anybody else experience this? I also experienced the same bug with my D1 running 2.2 Froyo.

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this as the 1969 entries continue to grow to like 6 or 7 now and CAN NOT be deleted.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have not experienced this. Is there a pattern between the messages that can't be deleted?

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
I have not experienced this. Is there a pattern between the messages that can't be deleted?

Just that weird 1969 date. I receive some weather and auto news texts weekly and these are a couple with the date I cant delete. I also sent a text from my other Verizon number and this is another text I can not delete. Has do be some kind of bug. Weird thing is I experienced this on my D1 with the 2.2 Froyo update as well. :icon_eek:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is odd. Are you using the pre loaded text messaging or a third party app like chomp or handcent?

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
That is odd. Are you using the pre loaded text messaging or a third party app like chomp or handcent?

No just standard messaging that comes with 2.2. Wonder if its a bug or virus?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I think virus is doubtful but you could download an antivirus app to scan your phone although I am skeptical to whether they actually work. A bug is much more likely. You could try downloading a third party sms service and see if you can delete them from there. Other than that i'm fresh out of ideas.

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
I spoke to both Verizon and Motorola tech support today and both suggested doing a factory reset and trying it a few days without installing of my apps they both did not think it is a virus. If it does no do it after the reset it then It might be a app conflict issue. I did uninstall any apps that had anything to do with text messaging namely the app SMS popup and missed call app. I'll do a reset tomorrow and see what happens.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That was definately going to be my second piece of advice... right after telling you to install another text related app lol. Hope it works.

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
Well did a master reset and so far no text weirdness.Hopefully is stays this way.:)