Weird status icon

billyidle

Reaction score
Well, it's a notification like any other, and when you tap it, it explains what it is. Nothing more to it, although it does cut itself off, "You have lost data connectivity," sums up exactly what it means.
So, it is documented, that icon is for Notifications.

OP
C

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
Well, it's a notification like any other, and when you tap it, it explains what it is. Nothing more to it, although it does cut itself off, "You have lost data connectivity," sums up exactly what it means.
So, it is documented, that icon is for Notifications.

No, wrong icon. I'm talking about the hollow black triangle (like a capital Delta) on the right.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a warning. It's telling you something isn't quite right.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
We're running in circles because we're over interpreting what the OP wants.

The black icon is a warning notification that something isnt the way it's supposed to be (USB Debug on, bad data signal). If you want to fix it, I offered a solution, if you dont care and just want to know what the icon is, then we're pretty much done.

hajabooja

Reaction score
Its just a roaming notification. That's all.. just telling you that your not on the Verizon Wireless network.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
And the circle starts all over again. This 3 page thread contains the answer to the OP's question no less than 2 times.

Lets make it a third for good measure:

The "Delta" or triangle with the exclamation point in it is a warning associated with the operation of the phone. It can mean any number of things, but typically comes with the notification that: 1) you're running in USB debug mode or 2) have lost your data connection.

OP
C

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
And the circle starts all over again. This 3 page thread contains the answer to the OP's question no less than 2 times.
Actually, no.

The "Delta" or triangle with the exclamation point in it is a warning associated with the operation of the phone. It can mean any number of things, but typically comes with the notification that: 1) you're running in USB debug mode or 2) have lost your data connection.

My original question wasn't clear and I apologize for that. I revised it and stated my real concern in the thread. Neither seems to have helped. Let me try again.

I understand that the solid black triangle with a white exclamation on the left of the status bar can mean many things and that the message explains which. I don't care.

There is also a hollow black triangle (with an empty white center; looks like the letter Delta) on the RIGHT. I have yet to read what that might be.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see something like that on the left when I plug in the Droid to charge. In this case it says "Power Manager...A/C Power Applied."

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you get a screenshot/picture? Does it have a pulldown notification associated with it? Did you install any new apps?

bvazkez

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, but had the same problem and is why I signed up in the first place.

What I did to undo the "Hollow Triangle" right of the signal bars (not in the notification tray), was go the the -menu, then -wireless networks, then -mobile networks, then -system select, then switch from -Automatic to -Home Only, then back to -Automatic. It got rid of the "Hollow Triangle" dilemma that was driving me crazy.