weird signal issues, even this letter C is concerned.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
so I have been having a lot of problems 3gwise lately, its been going on for maybe a month or two, never used to have a big issue, also has occurred on several roms, I have 4/4 bars, but my actual signal is chilling around -88 to -95+dbm. Web pages randomly decide to be slow then every once in a while it'll be as fast as it's supposed to be, youtube videos sometimes take seconds, other days they take minutes, even the same day it varies without a significant change in time (not from peak hours). ive done the star228 thingy thing and I even took it into verizon and had a chit chat, but the rep that "assisted" me looked like a pothead and his only advice was to download a task killer. He then proceeded to put one on my phone without asking.(not relevant, but dick move rite?)
Does anyone have any ideas? I also forgot to mention that I didn't really notice a difference on liberty after using the anti throttle hack, but I'm on fission now, should I try it again?

ALSO: I clear cache regularly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kevinkar

Reaction score
Your signal strength may be 4-bars but your overall throughput is dependent on the traffic going over the cell towers you are connected to and they may be overloaded with other local traffic which is why you see such differing results over several days.

Try the same tests as late as possible like Midnight. Traffic should be less and you should be able to see more consistent results.

Some ISPs used to post network traffic graphs and you could see when peak data periods were and why your connection seemed slow during them. I doubt there are similar 3G graphs but it would be nice if they existed.

That's my opinion as to why you see these odd results.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Your signal strength may be 4-bars but your overall throughput is dependent on the traffic going over the cell towers you are connected to and they may be overloaded with other local traffic which is why you see such differing results over several days.

Try the same tests as late as possible like Midnight. Traffic should be less and you should be able to see more consistent results.

Some ISPs used to post network traffic graphs and you could see when peak data periods were and why your connection seemed slow during them. I doubt there are similar 3G graphs but it would be nice if they existed.

That's my opinion as to why you see these odd results.

thanks for your input, I'll run some speedtests tonight if I can keep myself up that long, if the issue really isn't from my phone then this sucksssssssss :(.

VZ4G3NT

Reaction score
I've noticed the same on mine, kicking me on 1x. I wait a minute or two and it comes back to life. If I get impatient ill toggle airplane mode and that usually works.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
my issue is still here but using ultimatedroid it was noticeably better for quite a while, but, with all the bugs in this rom it isn't worth it. just keeping you guys updated.

as for the 1x issue I haven't had that in months, used to happen all the time in my buddies house.