weird script on google home page

quickmedic

Reaction score
Hi all
I have what looks like some type of java string on the lower section of my google home page. It is mixed in with the symbols for food, etc. Obscures the icons and wont go away. Any ideas?:

SallyC

Reaction score
There are icons along the bottom screen for Restaurant, Coffee, Bars, etc that you can click and (based on your location) you will see locations nearby for those items. Go to Menu>More>Settings and make sure Enable JavaScript is checked.

OP
Q

quickmedic

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My problem is what appears to be a java script string blended in with those link tabs you spoke of. The script obscures those tabs. What is causing this?

OP
Q

quickmedic

Reaction score
Tried both with java disabled and enabled....no change. I actually installed dolphin browser and it fixed it. I still would like the normal browser to work normally though.

SallyC

Reaction score
I use Dolphin and don't use the stock at all - unless I'm trying to look at a question like this. Dolphin has a lot of cool plugins I think you will like.

Sorry but I don't know what's causing the mess up with the stock browser. The other thing you could try is going to Manage Apps and clearing the cache for Browser. Sometimes that can fix things.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
SallyC said:
I use Dolphin and don't use the stock at all - unless I'm trying to look at a question like this. Dolphin has a lot of cool plugins I think you will like.

Sorry but I don't know what's causing the mess up with the stock browser. The other thing you could try is going to Manage Apps and clearing the cache for Browser. Sometimes that can fix things.

I use dolphin also. I hate stock browsers. Its just like ie for computers. Ucky! I actually have stock browser disabled in ics.

"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"