1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Weird Random Bell sound??!!??

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by atrejuhood, Jun 14, 2012.

1. atrejuhood

atrejuhood New Member

There's a random sound that keeps happening on my droid X and I cant figure out what it is. It's not app related as far as I know and there is nothing that pops up in the notifications. Any ideas? It almost sounds like a door bell
  2. kylalea

kylalea New Member

weird random notification sound

All I know is that I suddenly have the same kind of issue with my Droid Incredible. Makes this weird, kinda spooky buzzing noise for a few seconds, then a bong bong bong
    type-of sound, then the buzzing again. Gets lower, then louder. It is like its possessed! It sounds like background music for Mike Myers - really creepy. And keeps going for a while! Makes it only on
    some incoming texts, but not all. Have to clear the notification bar to make it go away. Anybody else? Any ideas??
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

So there's no sort of icon for either of you in your notification bars when this sound comes on?
  4. kylalea

kylalea New Member

No icon at all......I know it seems strange, but if you ever heard that weird sound, you wouldnt believe it!! Finally had to do a hard reset by holding down the power button and the volume up button at the same time. Luckily, I back up my phone regularly.
  5. Kitt3ykat

Kitt3ykat New Member

Mine just started 2 days ago when I charge it , it will stop for a moment then start up again
  6. Kitt3ykat

Kitt3ykat New Member

I notice when it starts my battery bar flashes it even show that the battery is charging even when I am not charging it
  7. natron

natron New Member

Yahoo mail app is doing this go to the app and account settings and click sound to NONE you can thank me later.
  8. soopervoo

soopervoo New Member

wow THANKS. This beep was messing with my head all week since I did not see any notifications.
  9. pazzazz

pazzazz New Member

Thank you, thank you. I would never have figured this out! I had a hard enough time finding "settings" in the yahoo mail app.

Also, thanks to the original poster for asking that question. It was driving me nuts.
Search tags for this page
android making weird noises

galaxy s3 makes random sound

galaxy s3 making weird noises

galaxy s3 weird sound

galaxy s4 strange sound
galaxy s4 weird sound
how to stop wierd sounds on android
htc one making weird noises
my android is making weird noises
reasons to why galaxy s4 would be ringing on its own
s3 weird sound