Weird Random Bell sound??!!??

atrejuhood

Reaction score
There's a random sound that keeps happening on my droid X and I cant figure out what it is. It's not app related as far as I know and there is nothing that pops up in the notifications. Any ideas? It almost sounds like a door bell

kylalea

Reaction score
weird random notification sound

There's a random sound that keeps happening on my droid X and I cant figure out what it is. It's not app related as far as I know and there is nothing that pops up in the notifications. Any ideas? It almost sounds like a door bell

All I know is that I suddenly have the same kind of issue with my Droid Incredible. Makes this weird, kinda spooky buzzing noise for a few seconds, then a bong bong bong
type-of sound, then the buzzing again. Gets lower, then louder. It is like its possessed! It sounds like background music for Mike Myers - really creepy. And keeps going for a while! Makes it only on
some incoming texts, but not all. Have to clear the notification bar to make it go away. Anybody else? Any ideas??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So there's no sort of icon for either of you in your notification bars when this sound comes on?

kylalea

Reaction score
So there's no sort of icon for either of you in your notification bars when this sound comes on?
No icon at all......I know it seems strange, but if you ever heard that weird sound, you wouldnt believe it!! Finally had to do a hard reset by holding down the power button and the volume up button at the same time. Luckily, I back up my phone regularly.

Kitt3ykat

Reaction score
Draperjojo said:
Mine is doing this too, none of the normal stuff stops it....any ideas?

Mine just started 2 days ago when I charge it , it will stop for a moment then start up again

Kitt3ykat

Reaction score
dezymond said:

I notice when it starts my battery bar flashes it even show that the battery is charging even when I am not charging it

natron

Reaction score
Yahoo mail app is doing this go to the app and account settings and click sound to NONE you can thank me later.

soopervoo

Reaction score
Yahoo mail app is doing this go to the app and account settings and click sound to NONE you can thank me later.

wow THANKS. This beep was messing with my head all week since I did not see any notifications.

pazzazz

Reaction score

Thank you, thank you. I would never have figured this out! I had a hard enough time finding "settings" in the yahoo mail app.

Also, thanks to the original poster for asking that question. It was driving me nuts.