Weird question/issue and I don't know where to ask it

Reaction score
My brother has a Thunderbolt and he had 4g in our house for about an hour and a half. Then it stopped and has yet to come back. We live in Mansfield Ohio and I am almost certain that we do not have 4g in our area (don't en think it was announced yet)

My question is; was verizon kind of testing 4g in our area? Did it possibly pick up a signal from Columbus? (About 60 miles away idk the distance limitations on 4g) or was he pulling my leg and making the wifi icon the 4g icon. Though I doubt that because he was playing x box the whole time the 4g was on.

So what do you all think?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Ambushbug

Reaction score
My brother has a Thunderbolt and he had 4g in our house for about an hour and a half. Then it stopped and has yet to come back. We live in Mansfield Ohio and I am almost certain that we do not have 4g in our area (don't en think it was announced yet)

My question is; was verizon kind of testing 4g in our area? Did it possibly pick up a signal from Columbus? (About 60 miles away idk the distance limitations on 4g) or was he pulling my leg and making the wifi icon the 4g icon. Though I doubt that because he was playing x box the whole time the 4g was on.

If I had to guess I would say Verizon is testing 4G in the area. It's not uncommon for it to come on and off like that several times leading up to a release in the area.

Ambushbug

Reaction score

Here you go, they are expanding the 4G service in Columbus, OH. in August, probably what they were testing.

Verizon 4G LTE New Markets, Launching on August 18

MrKleen

Reaction score
Congrats! Soon he will be enjoying 4g goodness!

I am in Avon Lake, Ohio and the Cleveland area is pretty well covered with 4g. I lose it at about the Sheffield area. The trip from Cleveland to Akron is solid 4g.

Now you need to get a Bolt just like your brother!

Insidious

Reaction score
Lucky people, haha my area will probably be the last place to ever get 4g. (Southern maryland) plus I live on the edge of a 3G Deadzone!

OP
R
Reaction score
hey guys thanks for your thoughts help and conformations! maybe i can convince my mom to give me her upgrade and i give her my d2g so a new awesome phone (bionic or SGSII???) doesn't go to waste