Weird problem with video, sound, and microphone.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by JakeLW, Dec 2, 2015.

1. JakeLW

JakeLW New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Hello!

I have a weird problem with my Note 4. So out of nowhere the sound on my phone stopped working. So I checked my headphones and they don't work either. Sound from phone calls doesn't work, and my mic doesn't work. I then checked if I connected to a bluetooth speaker, and that doesn't even work.. Weird.

I also can't play any videos from anywhere. I can't view youtube videos (get the error, "There was a problem while playing, Touch to retry") I can't even view snapchat videos, just shows a black screen.

I've already factory reset the phone, tried plugging in headphones and removing. I started phone in recovery mode and cleared cache. Cleared cache from various apps. So I don't know what else to do.

I also purchased my phone through eBay a little under a year ago, so I'm not sure if I would have any warranty if this was a hardware issue.

If anyone can help that would be great.
    Thanks,
    Jake

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Welcome to the Forum @JakeLW. based on your post, sounds like a hardware issue to me.
    I would check with the ebay seller for any warranty, but I wouldn't count on it. Let us know how you make out with this issue...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,379
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Have to agree with Jeffrey. Either it's a hardware issue, or a serious software issue where the video codec is completely missing or something. Since root is darn near impossible on that phone, I would assume that that kind of software issue is pretty much not possible as well though, so I'd lean towards hardware for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1,720
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    Not that its really needed but I have to back up everything said above. So long as you did complete the FDR properly.

• Like Like x 1