Weird Pixel Problem?

sen1983

Reaction score
hi everybody,

i ve been using my device for 14 days. There was no problem until yesterday;
when i was caming to home, at the bus, i saw a pixel that was bright, i could see only when screen is dark grey or black.
i searched the web, i installed 2-3 apps to find and fix that pixel. i run these apps i can not see this bright pixel other colors. only i can see with dark colors like black, dark grey. but it did not worked, did not fixed. i was unhappy. 30 minutes later, when i unlocked the screen, i did not see that pixel. i was surprised. i become happy again :) but my happiness did not last for long :( this afternoon, i saw this bright pixel again. at same place.

now, what am i supposed to? should i change the device? do you think this is a dangerous problem? or should i try to live with that bright pixel?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
hi everybody,

i ve been using my device for 14 days. There was no problem until yesterday;
when i was caming to home, at the bus, i saw a pixel that was bright, i could see only when screen is dark grey or black.
i searched the web, i installed 2-3 apps to find and fix that pixel. i run these apps i can not see this bright pixel other colors. only i can see with dark colors like black, dark grey. but it did not worked, did not fixed. i was unhappy. 30 minutes later, when i unlocked the screen, i did not see that pixel. i was surprised. i become happy again :) but my happiness did not last for long :( this afternoon, i saw this bright pixel again. at same place.

now, what am i supposed to? should i change the device? do you think this is a dangerous problem? or should i try to live with that bright pixel?
I don't know what would be causing your issue, but if you are uncomfortable with the bright pixel then take it back to Verizon and see if they will exchange your phone.

OP
S

sen1983

Reaction score
I don't know what would be causing your issue, but if you are uncomfortable with the bright pixel then take it back to Verizon and see if they will exchange your phone.

first, thank you very much, for your reply

yeah, i am uncomfortable, but it is not easy to change device :)
i am in Turkey, and there s no warranty for Razr Maxx (Motorola doesnt sell Razr Maxx in Turkey) So, i bought it from another country, it is not easy.

i wonder that, is this problem trigger another screen problem?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
first, thank you very much, for your reply

yeah, i am uncomfortable, but it is not easy to change device :)
i am in Turkey, and there s no warranty for Razr Maxx (Motorola doesnt sell Razr Maxx in Turkey) So, i bought it from another country, it is not easy.

i wonder that, is this problem trigger another screen problem?
Well, I don't know if this would fix the problem but you could try a Factory Reset. I know it is a FITA to have to re-install your downloaded apps, but that might fix the problem. Look at it this way, you have nothing to loose, it will clean you system and give you a "out of the box" phone and in the process it might just fix the problem :biggrin:

OP
S

sen1983

Reaction score
:)
thank you very much...

today, i asked this issue to motorola online support;

View attachment 58665

i have not decided to sent it.

thnx for your attention

OP
S

sen1983

Reaction score
hi again,
i need to give info again;
my issiue is not a dead pixel issiue i sure,
because, yesterday, that wierd pixel go off, it get lost. but, today, it came back again :(

is this a stuck pixel? and if that s a stuck pixel, is it possible to fix it?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Is it possible what appears to be a bright pixel that it is actually the pic being displayed at the time? Maybe it only appears for a certain app or a specific picture on the screen? For example, I use an app that changes my wallpaper pic every 15 minutes. I thought I had a broken pixel because one of the pics has a defect where it looks like a dead pixel. As soon as I changed the pic, I realized it was the picture and not the phone.

OP
S

sen1983

Reaction score
Is it possible what appears to be a bright pixel that it is actually the pic being displayed at the time? Maybe it only appears for a certain app or a specific picture on the screen? For example, I use an app that changes my wallpaper pic every 15 minutes. I thought I had a broken pixel because one of the pics has a defect where it looks like a dead pixel. As soon as I changed the pic, I realized it was the picture and not the phone.

yep, this could be a bright pixel.. but not actually displayed by a app. it always there... when i start camera it is there, when i change background it is there, as i told before, sometimes, it go off :) as the topic name, it is really wierd.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My idea definitely does not explain it. I agree, that is very strange. Maybe someone will have other ideas of what is causing the bright pixel. Very odd indeed.