1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Weird Phone Number

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Slothead, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Slothead

Slothead New Member

OK well I think it's weird, but maybe I'm just ignorant of numbering schemes...

I keep getting missed calls from "573-125-874192". So far I've gotten 8 or 9 of them in a 2-3 hour period in the evening (I haven't been able to answer it if there really were such calls).

Area code 573 is somewhere in Missouri, but beyond that I can't figure it out. Is there any known bug that causes the phone to report bad numbers? I suppose there is a country code that makes up some of those front end numbers, but I don't know them.
  2. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer Theme Developer

oh thats me! sorry. was trying to get a hold of the president. he owes me a favor

actually... it might be telemarketers or a scam. they might be trying to get you to call back so they can bill you. so be sure not to call back.

solution if they dont stop: download a "firewall" i say that in quotes because im not using it in the tradition computer sense. instead i mean a call/sms blocker. i see many android call blocking apps using the term. there are many in the market
  3. tracylee

tracylee New Member

My SO ported his home number to Verizon and still gets campaign and telemarketer calls on his "dumb" phone. For a long time, there were recorded telemarketer calls coming through with the extra number like the one you're getting. Usually I'd google the number and there's a site were people record who called and what it was about.
  4. Slothead

Slothead New Member

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know I could block calls like that. I'll go look for such a device on the market.
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

National DO NOT CALL Registry National Do-Not-Call Registry
    Called this from my mobile phone about a year ago and haven't had a single solicitor since :)
  6. Slothead

Slothead New Member

Ha! Just for fun I googled the number that was reported and I got two hits. The hits were my message to the Droid Forum, twice!
  7. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon New Member

You know what that means, right?

"Oh my God... the calls are coming from inside the house!!!" :eek:
Search tags for this page
573-173-4812, keep getting weird numbers
getting calls from strange numbers
getting phone calls from strange numbers

i keep getting calls from weird numbers

i keep getting weird phone number

keep getting calls from weird numbers

long number weird call