Weird music player bug

mentaloaf

Reaction score
I'll confirm that this totally worked for me...I installed music player version 1.0.16, then hid it from my app drawer in launcher pro, oh, and I also uninstalled the stock music app....I think this bug was probably worse for me than anybody, dropped calls, interrupted any web browsing, streaming radio, etc....every day, and since I did this yesterday I haven't had a it happen at all...

mentaloaf

Reaction score
just thought of something, I just moved my music player to my SD card, I'll post if I still get the bug

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had this issue.

Since I don't use the stock Music player, I removed it. Seems to have solved the problem.
I've been trying to remove the stock music app using astro and uninstalling or deleting it in system/app/musicplayer...it won't let me do it, how did you do it? I saw somewhere else that someone had renamed it so that the system didn't have access to it, but I'd rather not do that...

The app is /system/app/Music.apk

jboucheb

Reaction score
I too have had this problem while using my bluetooth earpiece. Every time I end a phone call while using my Motorola H17 earpiece with motospeak, the music player opens. This has happened on both the Succulent Desire & Sapphire Roms. My girlfriend has a stock unrooted moto droid #1. She just downloaded the VZW OTA Update giving her android 2.2. But, every time she ends a call using her bluetooth, the music player opens & plays music. We both have the same earpiece. However, this never happened on android 2.1. I think that this is some sort of 2.2 glitch! I've learned to live with it after 3 months. But, I totally agree with you. This is a bug that nobody is trying to iron out:^(

The same thing happened to me today on my H17TXT and BB 0.4v (Froyo). When I ended the call and the music started playing, I was like "WTH?!"

CWH2662

Reaction score
music overlapping

I know we shouldn't have to do this but if you remove the battery, reboot and use only one music player the problem is solved. Happy listening and full function of bluetooth headphones is returned.